Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito defeated PAC, stole his soul!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Did you expect him to stand and trade with Margo? He fought a magnificent fight and most agree.
    This is where credibility is shot.

Pac half runs from Margarito which he NEVER did before: "I mean come on, did you expect him to stand and trade with Margo?" "Margo was so much bigger" "Pac was never the same" "He fought a smart fight"

Mayweather fights Pacquiao at a distance as he always does: "All Mayweather did was RUN!!!"

That Mayweather was smart enough to do that and avoid punishment and gets blasted for it yet Pacquiao who was always known as a risk-taking fighter switches up gets praised. Hypocrisy.

Bottom line is it took Manny getting bloodied by Morales and essentially beat by Marquez twice before he became an intelligent fighter.

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    I was referring to the fact that Pac fought more dangerous fights and took bigger risks during his career, exemplified with Margarito.
    I question your finding. You're judging Floyd based solely on his post-2009 self.

Let's look at his whole career. The only REAL threats he's faced are Marquez, Margarito, Morales and Mayweather. The M's of Doom. Everyone else was easy work and not a threat nor considered to be a threat leading into the fight.

Clottey threw the fight, otherwise he would have been a threat - given he basically got robbed against Cotto. Cotto's performance against Clottey made him not a threat against Manny.

Now, let's look at Floyd's threat list.

Corrales
    Juuko
    Hernandez
    Burton/Augustus
    Castillo
    Judah (At the time)
    Hatton (at the time)
    De La Hoya (At the time)
    Cotto (first time at LMW, a weight Floyd has never been comfortable at)
    Mosley (despite age BS he was fresh off a manhandling of the most dangerous fighter in the division at the time and #1 WW in the world)

Canelo would have been considered a threat except for that gift decision against Trout. Seeing him get outworked told me and many others that he had no chance against TBE.

Marquez would have been a threat except for the weight issue.

Floyd went through a hell of a lot more than Manny did en route to "Money". Once "Money" showed up, and he realized he didn't have to work that hard for big dollar fights, he stopped. Still took big names and big purses, but less risks.

The guys people thought Floyd should have fought all ended up getting manhandled shortly after - except Edwin Valero, the only man to end his career (RIP) with a 100% KO record. That and Hamed are the only fights I wish had happened with Floyd. Especially Hamed.

Comment

This thread and it's comments are beyond stupid

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        This guy is clearly salty. Running is when you're not throwing anything. Pac threw like a billion punches in that fight. Most landed the target. And they were solid. You can even hear them pop. Poor Margs.

Comment

Fartarito was beaten so bad he looked Chinese at the end of the fight. His corner should've stopped it.

Comment

Pac is a catchweight king and a known steroid cheat. But of course nobody cares because Marg is a Chicano. Pac is a joke, Marquez and Mayweather exposed him for the Chinese fraud he is.

Comment

Am I the only one who just watched Manny dismantle who some were calling the best Welterweight in the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                When PAC looked to the ref to stop the carnage, I saw desperation in PAC.

It was sad, PAC wasn't the same after that fight.

Ruelas killed Garcia in the ring, and was never the same.

I can't watch that fight. It made me feel sad as a human being.

Lots of risk but a great fight for Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Pac half runs from Margarito which he NEVER did before: "I mean come on, did you expect him to stand and trade with Margo?" "Margo was so much bigger" "Pac was never the same" "He fought a smart fight"

Mayweather fights Pacquiao at a distance as he always does: "All Mayweather did was RUN!!!"

That Mayweather was smart enough to do that and avoid punishment and gets blasted for it yet Pacquiao who was always known as a risk-taking fighter switches up gets praised. Hypocrisy.

Bottom line is it took Manny getting bloodied by Morales and essentially beat by Marquez twice before he became an intelligent fighter.

I question your finding. You're judging Floyd based solely on his post-2009 self.

Let's look at his whole career. The only REAL threats he's faced are Marquez, Margarito, Morales and Mayweather. The M's of Doom. Everyone else was easy work and not a threat nor considered to be a threat leading into the fight.

Clottey threw the fight, otherwise he would have been a threat - given he basically got robbed against Cotto. Cotto's performance against Clottey made him not a threat against Manny.

Now, let's look at Floyd's threat list.

Corrales
                  Juuko
                  Hernandez
                  Burton/Augustus
                  Castillo
                  Judah (At the time)
                  Hatton (at the time)
                  De La Hoya (At the time)
                  Cotto (first time at LMW, a weight Floyd has never been comfortable at)
                  Mosley (despite age BS he was fresh off a manhandling of the most dangerous fighter in the division at the time and #1 WW in the world)

Canelo would have been considered a threat except for that gift decision against Trout. Seeing him get outworked told me and many others that he had no chance against TBE.

Marquez would have been a threat except for the weight issue.

Floyd went through a hell of a lot more than Manny did en route to "Money". Once "Money" showed up, and he realized he didn't have to work that hard for big dollar fights, he stopped. Still took big names and big purses, but less risks.

The guys people thought Floyd should have fought all ended up getting manhandled shortly after - except Edwin Valero, the only man to end his career (RIP) with a 100% KO record. That and Hamed are the only fights I wish had happened with Floyd. Especially Hamed.

Please do not compare Floyd to Manny when it comes to this type of topic. Floyd is great defensive fighter but offensively nope. He avoided all risks. He found Margarito to be too risky of a fight. So no fight.

Manny punches back with authority. Just look at Margarito after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    Best part is Marquez has more power than Margo since Juan weighed 143 vs a 147 and put MR. Toradol to sleep!

Alvarez flew back in time to whisper in to Pac's ear that a catchweight is better at a higher division. A big ass Margo at 150 and who knows what rehydration clause in place like they did against Oscar enticing it all with proper money... easy breezy!
                    Marg was 165 fight night. A 15 lb rehydration clause? Lol you're a joke that keeps on giving

Comment

Originally posted by Kneegel Puto View Post
                      Pac is a catchweight king and a known steroid cheat. But of course nobody cares because Marg is a Chicano. Pac is a joke, Marquez and Mayweather exposed him for the Chinese fraud he is.
                      Wait all those guys are wannabe CW kings but at this point it's Canelo #1, Marquez #2, though JMM may have them all beat in the steroid stakes

Comment

Working...
                      X