Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like golovkin but why fight a guy with 2 consecutive losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
    It is just a stay busy fight.

Like his last four stay busy title fights.
    The 2 hbo dates werent meant as stay busy. Remember it was gonna be Pirog first, then after he dropped out anyone that wanted it was welcome to apply. Know any names?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Ok let me give you the timeline

1. Start out promoted by Universum, who don't give a **** about him, mostly interested in shielding Sturm from him and other legit comp
      2. GG tries to break out of contract, gets sued. Cannot fight in Germany or the US while in limbo, fights twice in Panama
      3. Wins interim title 2 years ago. That means he is no longer ranked by the other bodies
      4. K2 turn up the heat on the WBA for shot vs regular champ. Sturm buys super title to get a break
      5. New interim champ NJikam skips purse bid when ordered to fight GG, drop title. Mandatory contender Mundine also skips purse bid, gives up spot
      5. More pressure on WBA, Sturm attempts to unify, loses.
      6. GG gets 2 HBO dates, nobody wants a shot at his title. Macklin rather takes Alcine on deep ppv undercard for half the money and no title shot.
      Great post

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Great post
        It's all factual, but I'm sure it'll be dismissed by Dempsey as too long or a pile of excuses. But he still won't name any names that want to fight him even on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          lol, better yet, why are ppl calling this a good fight? even as a stay busy fight, it stinks. i think ppl try too hard with golovkin.
          The truth is that its a **** fight(just like Broner/Rees) and if anybody else took on 3 straight jmw's they would take all types of flack for fighting out of their weight class. I don't mind so much because he fighting at a good pace and has another coming up soon after. I don't know how he's sliding on fighting small guys though. That's not my take on it but it is funny how the game changes for certain guys. I will be glad when these tall tales are over though.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          From Martinez-Quillin, no top fighters want it. What's he supposed to do??
          I know the hell you didn't speak up for somebody fighting under his division. Wow. What a difference a face makes. Hypocritical lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
            Ok, Frank Nuggets. Please enlighten me. Which top 10 guy is willing to fight GG?
            What a dumb ****ing question!

Comment

It's all factual, but I'm sure it'll be dismissed by Dempsey as too long or a pile of excuses. But he still won't name any names that want to fight him even on HBO.
              You, BushBaby and the rest of you ex Pacquiao farts sound like amateur boxing fans thinking that fighters don't want GG or are scared of GG, lmfao!

Comment

No one wants to fight Golovkin???

I'm sure Pirog, Rubio, Adama, Guerrero, Vera, Sergio Mora, Molina, Bursak, etc. would all like a shot at Golovkin. More than half of these guys have publicly called out GGG already.

(Pirog, Rubio, Adama, Guerrero, Vera, Sergio Mora, Molina, Bursak)>(Rosado, Ishida)

By the way, if I were GGG or his management, I would be calling out Geale like crazy and taunt him about with getting his title back.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  No one wants to fight Golovkin???

I'm sure Pirog, Rubio, Adama, Guerrero, Vera, Sergio Mora, Molina, Bursak, etc. would all like a shot at Golovkin. More than half of these guys have publicly called out GGG already.

(Pirog, Rubio, Adama, Guerrero, Vera, Sergio Mora, Molina, Bursak)>(Rosado, Ishida)

By the way, if I were GGG or his management, I would be calling out Geale like crazy and taunt him about with getting his title back.
                  He signed for Pirog, who pulled out with injury and hasn't come back yet, unlikely he'll be ready by june. Dan Rafael said he was told Rubio passed on the january date. Rubio was also mentioned as a potential opponent for september, but didn't chime in. So it's unlikely he'd take it off tv, for much less money in europe. the rest of those guys are not really a step up, nor would many of them be ready/willing for the march euro date.

Comment

He signed for Pirog, who pulled out with injury and hasn't come back yet, unlikely he'll be ready by june. Dan Rafael said he was told Rubio passed on the january date. Rubio was also mentioned as a potential opponent for september, but didn't chime in. So it's unlikely he'd take it off tv, for much less money in europe. the rest of those guys are not really a step up, nor would many of them be ready/willing for the march euro date.
                    Pirog mentioned in an article that he was fully healed and wanted to fight GGG in March.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-pi...-on-hbo--59775
                    http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Boxing...t-rival-14790/

Rubio: "Bring on Golovkin!"
                    http://www.boxing.com/rubio_bring_on...ez_anyone.html

The rest of the guys I mentioned are UNDOUBTEDLY a big step up from Rosado and Ishida. All I'm asking is that Golovkin give at least one of these guys a chance for his next chance and call out Geale and taunt him about getting him WBA title back. GGG v. Geale needs to happen sometime this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      The truth is that its a **** fight(just like Broner/Rees) and if anybody else took on 3 straight jmw's they would take all types of flack for fighting out of their weight class. I don't mind so much because he fighting at a good pace and has another coming up soon after. I don't know how he's sliding on fighting small guys though. That's not my take on it but it is funny how the game changes for certain guys. I will be glad when these tall tales are over though.

I know the hell you didn't speak up for somebody fighting under his division. Wow. What a difference a face makes. Hypocritical lately?
                      Not true........

Golovkin wants EVERYBODY....... EVERYBODY wants Canelo

BIG difference

Comment

Working...
                      X