Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usyk's defense is bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the same Usyk that has been fighting since 2013 . People THOUGHT he was unhittable bc thats what they wanted to believe but his actual fights show otherwise .

Anyone watching without bias would see the Hunter and Huck fights were no easy wins .The truth is Breidas is his first step up from a guy that was pressing him every round so he took more punches .

Usyks defense isnt bad , its just more susceptible bc he relies on reflexes of putting his hands up as punches come at him as he dodges in and out in aggressive manner but most shots get blocked .

Wilder is hit less bc hes 6'7 and bc he stays at distance in a slow pace and waits for openings ,hes also in a division that throws less punches so comparing the HWs to the CWs doesnt actually work unless you compare similar fighters .

Usyk defense is better and hes a harder target to gauge but the holes in it also gets him hit more due to the pace he fights at not bc his defense is worse . When you engage more instead of keeping out of range you invite more hits to land .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-28-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I notice when a guy gets hit like that he has bad defense and when he doesn't he's boring. I need a guideline for the right amount of times you're supposed to get hit so I won't be boring or have bad defense.

Comment

Wilder hasn't faced the top fighters in his division that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          - Oleksandr Usyk has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career combined spanning over hundreds of bouts. Whilst Deontay Wilder has (against some smaller sized opponents and in humiliating / brutal fashion too).

- Deontay Wilder has been stunned multiple times against non-elite or top opponents more than Usyk has who is still yet to be stunned, despite already having fought more 'top' and 'elite' opponents in his weight division.

- Deontay Wilder's 'defense' hasn't yet been tested against the very TOP / ELITE opponents in his weight division whilst Usyk's has. Therefore, it's a false equivalence fallacy to even compare the two's defense. Usyk got hit just as little, if not less than Wilder has when he was also fighting against lower tier opposition which Wilder commonly fights against.

Let us know how good Wilder's defense is against the likes of Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Kubrat Pulev, Alexander Povetkin and some of the other top / elite boxers in the heavyweight division.

And the last time he fought one of the top / elite boxers in Johan Duhapas, Wilder's face was badly messed up from punches he took from Duhapas. Ergo, proving Wilder's defense really isn't that good as you're claiming it to be.

And for all of Usyk's supposed 'defensive badness', he is still yet to be dropped, stopped or even badly hurt / stunned. Until then, his defense is good enough if he is able to continue winning.
          ^^^
          This right here.

Usyk is fighting at the top level of his division and is one fight away from being the man in the division. He's also done all of this in 14 fights. How many bums has he even fought? Usyk's daring to be great. Wilder may want to be great and has been pared with these lesser guys through no fault of his own. I'm not saying it's his fault but I am saying that Usyk has proven much more in this sport than Wilder has.

Comment

Working...
          X