Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> My take on de la Hoya's strategy for moving up the weigh in...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Nobody is forcing Golovkin to do anything. If he chooses to follow the IBF rules that's his decision. He has the choice just like Canelo has the choice.
    why even make weight at all then? its just a choice. If i was canelo i wouldnt do it. if ggg wants to thats his decision

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      why even make weight at all then? its just a choice. If i was canelo i wouldnt do it. if ggg wants to thats his decision
      You're comparing the rules of the sport with the rules of the IBF?

Comment

There will not be a second day weigh in for either fighter. Call it the "jacobs rule"

"Second-day weigh-ins will remain in effect for all other [IBF] bouts," IBF president Daryl Peoples told ESPN. "We changed the second-day weigh-in for unifications after we received a request from one of our members. We had discussed changing the rule prior to the request.

"Naturally, we would like to see both fighters participate in the second-day weigh-in for safety reasons. However, we found that some fighters were not participating in the second-day weigh-ins, and those fighters that complied with the rule had a disadvantage due to weight disparities on fight day."

Because Golovkin remains a unified champion, including the IBF title, there won't be a second-day weigh-in for his showdown with Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 16 in Las Vegas now that the organization has ended the practice.

And I believe the weigh in was moved up in time due to a concert or something else scheduled for the day.
        Last edited by DLX; 09-14-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X