No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacman-southpaw issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Buu View Post
    because zab is a fast southpaw and similar in size to manny.

yes they don't fight anything alike but zab did his best work when he was on the offensive.

zab is mentally weak. yoel kept telling him he needed to get off first and go forward but he wouldn't.

manny will keep going forward no matter how many times floyd hits him.

zab could have won against floyd if he took the initiative. he let floyd set the pace and let floyd go forward.
    I totally disagree. He just had the fast start because he's a fast slick Southpaw. That takes time to figure out. Zab wasnt doing anything special and he didnt collapse. Floyd just needed time to figure him out and once he did then the fight was over. Thats the best Pac will be able to do. It "may" take 3 or 4 rounds for Floyd to adjust to Pac's combination of speed, power, size, and most of all his Southpaw ability but Floyd will eventually figure him out and Pac wont win another round. I know what Yoel told Zab but just because a fighter doesnt do something doesnt mean he didnt try. He couldnt. Floyd walked him down with great D and was countering perfect. I bet anything he does the same to Pac. Pac wont keep coming forward. Thats what everyone thinks but he wont. Floyd will figure him out and walk him down with great D and great accuracy. Pac will try to come forward but he will easily get caught to the point where he will be forced/content to be the counter puncher and thats when Floyd will stop him because Pac cant fight going backwards

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      I totally disagree. He just had the fast start because he's a fast slick Southpaw. That takes time to figure out. Zab wasnt doing anything special and he didnt collapse. Floyd just needed time to figure him out and once he did then the fight was over. Thats the best Pac will be able to do. It "may" take 3 or 4 rounds for Floyd to adjust to Pac's combination of speed, power, size, and most of all his Southpaw ability but Floyd will eventually figure him out and Pac wont win another round. I know what Yoel told Zab but just because a fighter doesnt do something doesnt mean he didnt try. He couldnt. Floyd walked him down with great D and was countering perfect. I bet anything he does the same to Pac. Pac wont keep coming forward. Thats what everyone thinks but he wont. Floyd will figure him out and walk him down with great D and great accuracy. Pac will try to come forward but he will easily get caught to the point where he will be forced/content to be the counter puncher and thats when Floyd will stop him because Pac cant fight going backwards
      i don't know.

i have a different take on seeing judah-floyd.

in that fight whoever got off first scored the points.

if you listen to yoel's corner you can see him begging zab to be offensive. zab after the 4th didn't want none of it.

manny will take his licks and keep coming. will it be enough? can he hurt floyd? will floyd punish his aggression? we'll see when they fight.

manny only counter punches when the guy comes to him. aside from that he like to go on the offensive. if floyd goes forward on manny that would be a big mistake. floyd's best plan is to make manny go forward and punish him with counters.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
        I think floyd will do things manny has never seen before he doesnt just defend with the shoulder roll
        running out of the ring? it will surprise pacman more than hatton

Comment

a fast handed southpaw with a bang is going to give anyone issues, floyd will start out with his shoulder roll and change to winky style if he needs to, or he may decide to use his winky guard from the get go because he may not want to give so many early rounds away like the judah fight

Comment

Working...
          X