Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddest moments in British boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATFsven View Post
    The Ingle fight when in the last round you knew **** was going bad.
    that was **** to watch.

Also Hamed getting outclassed start to finish by Marco.

Hatton getting ko'd by mayweather was sad also but it was pretty much expected!
    Which Ingle fight? when he got hospitalised?

Naz V Barrera wasn't that bad. At least he did not get knocked out like the brawling bum Fatton and won a few rounds at least. Fatty didn't even win one! Outboxed and beaten to a pulp in each round. he went down like a pure bum!
    Originally posted by iBox View Post
    Audley harrison stating he can still win a world title, last week.

I've not been into boxing very long, but so far its been Hatton' loss to Mayweather.
    That was a cause for celebration! Who wants a chav to represent British boxing?

Comment

judging by the fact you hav a ****in dipper in your sig i can see why you have a little hatred for hatton being that he is a manc but he is an a class guy so to see that happen real wasnt nice

and if you think el zahar is the future of football your better off with boxing

Comment

Originally posted by ATFsven View Post
        The Ingle fight when in the last round you knew **** was going bad.
        that was **** to watch.
        Yeah I remember that Ingle fight, I watched it again recently. They should have pulled him out before the last round, although it's easy to say that now I guess.

Another one was Spencer Oliver. I remember them taking him out of the ring on a stretcher and being really worried.

Comment

Gerald McClellan vs Nigel Benn in a way. It was one hell of a comeback, but it ended one fighter's career, and finished off the other. That was a real tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Yeah I remember that Ingle fight, I watched it again recently. They should have pulled him out before the last round, although it's easy to say that now I guess.

Another one was Spencer Oliver. I remember them taking him out of the ring on a stretcher and being really worried.
            Yeah he looked proper ****ed and his punches had zero effect on the other bloke in the last couple of rounds. easy to say now but he shouldnt have been allowed out for the final round.. damage was probably already done tho i reckon.

Comment

Watson, without a doubt. There's people losing fights, but at the end of the day that's part of the sport, they come out with nothing more than a hurt ego, but what happened to Watson nearly killed him and has change his life and severely damaged his permanent health.
              Last edited by Targaryen; 09-18-2008, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ53 View Post
                yeah when thinking about fighters that should have been champions i always think of micheal brodie!
                from the robbery against willie jorrin to the first injin chi debacle,
                i think that mikey deserved more than he got.
                it was obvious in the chi rematch how much the first fight had taken out of him so he probably would have lost it in his first defence,
                but he payed his toll and should of had what he had earned.

the harrison fight was just a dash for the cash knowing he didn't have any big fights left in him.
                i think that it is very sad that such a good fighter and all round human being just never got the things he deserved.
                it was just one of those times that left a bad taste in my mouth as a boxing fan.

i mean wbc rules outside of america what was that **** about?
                mikey fought most of the fight with a massive gash on his head just to learn that he had been deducted points for it.
                shame on you jose suiliman!! shame on you!!!
                Yeah Mikey not winning a world title was sad. I was at Chi 1 and 2 and the Harrison fight, gutted each time. Against Chi I thought he should have got the decision the first time, but what can you say. The second time I was really gutted for ages, it ruined the whole night lol. It said a while back in boxing news that he was coming back, anyone know anything about that?

Comment

Originally posted by £for£ Champ View Post
                  judging by the fact you hav a ****in dipper in your sig i can see why you have a little hatred for hatton being that he is a manc but he is an a class guy so to see that happen real wasnt nice

and if you think el zahar is the future of football your better off with boxing
                  Anderson is **** mate, but never mind. El Zhar is much better than him and he was free! Scored more goals too in the past season, even though he was only a sub in the Carling Cup! Also, look up the phrase tongue in cheek. Not tongue in bum yeah, i ain't a brit.

As for Fatty's 'have' image, it is all fake. He is a chav and a wanker and it was great to see his obnoxious arse on the floor. He was a bum, and it was good to see the tabloid myth being exploded.

Nothing personal against fatty though, just annoyed by mainstream british press and their fake hype. Many of the people watching and thinking he would win had never even heard of Mayweather. They would exclim it too,LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
                    Anderson is **** mate, but never mind. El Zhar is much better than him and he was free! Scored more goals too in the past season, even though he was only a sub in the Carling Cup! Also, look up the phrase tongue in cheek. Not tongue in bum yeah, i ain't a brit.

As for Fatty's 'have' image, it is all fake. He is a chav and a wanker and it was great to see his obnoxious arse on the floor. He was a bum, and it was good to see the tabloid myth being exploded.

Nothing personal against fatty though, just annoyed by mainstream british press and their fake hype. Many of the people watching and thinking he would win had never even heard of Mayweather. They would exclim it too,LOL.

anderson premiership and cl winner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> el zahar nothing uFail

Comment

worst memories in british boxing:
                      gerald mcclenan vs nigel benn
                      eubank vs watson
                      ingle
                      all the tragedies really.

didnt care what happened to khan, he got what was coming to him, the amount of people hes dissrespected in this industry, including warrious such as gomez and earl, and then calling out people...who he aint good enough to tie their shoe laces a la paquaio,campbell and even katsidas. hes got a glass chin and ovverated, i said this from day 1 and people were like "oh u dont kno ****, hes amazing, check out the speed" speed aint everythin, all he has is outside game, he has no inside game which is really imprtant in the pros. he was a superb amateur but very poor pro...and now people are finally realzin wat i said ages ago

Comment

Working...
                      X