Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomanchenko is the new and improved Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe didn't stop and gasp for breath. Considering his size, his stamina was off the charts.
    When Joe's hands were good, he had more power than Loma but later in his career he did have light punches, much like Loma.
    Both fighters lay on a lot of superficial punches to set up bigger ones.

Comment

Joe wasn't getting touched up by marriage level opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        High output, but nothing else common about them. Loma has better footwork, power and more clinical.
        You guys are taking it as insult.

High output, similar foot work, the way he flurries to keep your gaurd busy then bang to the right to the ribs...the spin and attack was something joe did often. Even the hands down clowning and butt shaking for lack of better word .(no ****) look

Joe was a bigger guy so of course he's not going to be able to move as often as Loma did but still he moved pretty often.

Pound for pound, Calzaghe had more power by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
          Joe wasn't getting touched up by marriage level opponents.
          Joe had more power in my opinion which may be Lomas only Achilles heeel-- not now but in the distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Both fighters lay on a lot of superficial punches to set up bigger ones.

Like the way you worded this. Nice ****

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              They are nothing alike. Joe wishes his feet were that educated or his mind that calculated.

Actually I guess if you want to count them clowning their opposition then i'll give you that
              Yea I think loma copied his taunts like broner copies floyds ring posture.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFactor View Post
                I said the same thing a while back. they are very similar.
                There styles are too similiar to be coincidence. Joe being at the higher weight is always going to come off more sloppy and clumsy it's just the nature of the business. But if you look at their fights, posture, movement, punch selection, spinning, the way they move from aggression to counter punch fluidly and just their style in general you'd have to be blind not to notice the similiarities.

The similiariteis only stop here...

Loma at the smaller weight classes is able to take the movement up a notch further being "smaller". Plus he does seem to turn over some of his punches.

Joe hit harder. This should be common sense. Joe on occasion hurt people. Loma embarrasses people. It ain't the power of the shots it's the breaking of the will of the guy taking them.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                  Joe was special the little guys are always much flashier , small man boxing is way different then the big man boxing , joe was flashy in smw which is harder to do then in 130 , that said Loma is still amazing

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    A BIT more?
                    Joe was pretty technical for his weight class and Calazaghe never used the high guard as much as Loma. His timing was just as good.

People seem to conflate technical with invincible. It's just not so...

Comment

Working...
                    X