XBox Scorpio will be better than the PS4 Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I'm def getting the XBX.

For the love of velociraptor Jesus, can we get a pre-order date, though?

Comment

Bit off topic, but I've been kinda wanting to try out building my own gaming PC at times over the last few years. But to really run AAA games at the highest levels at 4k/60 or 1080/120+ as of right now, just the GPU/CPU combos alone are going to set you back at least a grand. Hell, custom GTX 1080 TI's are running $700-800.

Shit is not cheap, but you got to pay to play, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Bit off topic, but I've been kinda wanting to try out building my own gaming PC at times over the last few years. But to really run AAA games at the highest levels at 4k/60 or 1080/120+ as of right now, just the GPU/CPU combos alone are going to set you back at least a grand. Hell, custom GTX 1080 TI's are running $700-800.

Shit is not cheap, but you got to pay to play, I guess.
        Yeah it is relatively expensive, I built my own. It was fun, the experience itself was worth it. The PC world is basically like what we just saw with the consoles, PS4, PS4 Pro, coming out so quickly after eachother but in PC it's on steroids, much faster, it's like every year 2 new GPU's from Nvidia and AMD. The other month I saw Nvidia Titan X, now I check their page and their new one is Nvidia Titan Xp.

It feels like yesterday when I bought my first GPU, the GTX 970, and it's pretty much old now even though I bought it back when it came out in 2014, that was 3 years ago, and since then Nvidia has released 13 more desktop GPU's.

Comment

God damn Sweet Pea 50 I told you, i've been blindsided again.

Now they got the intel i9 cpu's, which costs from $1k to $2k

Comment

God damn Sweet Pea 50 I told you, i've been blindsided again.

Now they got the intel i9 cpu's, which costs from $1k to $2k
            The i7's are powerful enough, and they run around 300ish from what I seen.

But yeah, if you want the best of the best, you can start looking at builds costing several thousands of bucks.

I kinda speced out a build, and it was right around 2500, and that was without a monitor or peripherals.

Comment

The i7's are powerful enough, and they run around 300ish from what I seen.

But yeah, if you want the best of the best, you can start looking at builds costing several thousands of bucks.

I kinda speced out a build, and it was right around 2500, and that was without a monitor or peripherals.
              What's the build?

Yeah man peripherals, don't want to build a bad ass pc and then have a low end monitor. The AOC Agon AG352UCG monitor is bad ass. So is the Acer Predator.

Comment

What's the build?

Yeah man peripherals, don't want to build a bad ass pc and then have a low end monitor. The AOC Agon AG352UCG monitor is bad ass. So is the Acer Predator.
                The meat and potatoes of the build was one of the custom GTX 1080 TI's, and a i7, I think it was the 7700k. As I said, right there is easily a grand or more. Add in motherboard, SSD, power supply, cooling etc, and it got over the 2k mark pretty quick.

Comment

The meat and potatoes of the build was one of the custom GTX 1080 TI's, and a i7, I think it was the 7700k. As I said, right there is easily a grand or more. Add in motherboard, SSD, power supply, cooling etc, and it got over the 2k mark pretty quick.
                  What would your hypothetical limit be for a gaming pc?

I want to build a pc centered around the i9 and Titan X but not now, maybe next year.

Comment

What would your hypothetical limit be for a gaming pc?

I want to build a pc centered around the i9 and Titan X but not now, maybe next year.
                    That's my absolute limit, 2500.

I fall into the "casual" gamer type, and spending that amount of money on a pc emphasized for gaming is the most I could justify and not feel like a ass.

You should look at the EVGA 1080 TI, bud. I've seen some benchmark comparisons between it and the Titan XP, and it matches up very well for quite a bit less money.

Comment

That's my absolute limit, 2500.

I fall into the "casual" gamer type, and spending that amount of money on a pc emphasized for gaming is the most I could justify and not feel like a ass.

You should look at the EVGA 1080 TI, bud. I've seen some benchmark comparisons between it and the Titan XP, and it matches up very well for quite a bit less money.
                      Yeah. And the i9 isn't even for gaming, I mean how many games are programmed to be able to use 8 cores? Battlefield? Let alone 10 cores like the cheapest i9 has. Looks like that CPU is for developers, 3D rendering and people who are into filming in 4K and ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X