No announcement yet.

Ingle is an extremely poor trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    He got the rounds wrong, but that's about it.

Kell got tired, at that point motivation is all you can offer. He was running on empty and not taking in advice let alone being able to use it.
    Motivation has its time and place, but thats all he did.

He was literally saying every single round ' hes tiring ' ' hes going to get tired'

from literally the first round onwards.

piss poor, especially considering who his father was.

Comment

Dominic Ingle is a top trainer.

Comment

He's a great trainer that tiny gym has produced 4 world champions & 18 European champions all from scratch.

Saying there are more rounds left than there are is an old trick trainers use when their fighters fatigued. Fatigue is mostly mental its to get into his head he's not tired, he's only done x amount of rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          He's a great trainer that tiny gym has produced 4 world champions & 18 European champions all from scratch.

Saying there are more rounds left than there are is an old trick trainers use when their fighters fatigued. Fatigue is mostly mental its to get into his head he's not tired, he's only done x amount of rounds.
          That's what I thought.

I wonder about a lot of technical advice anyway. Like when you have Virgil Hunter chatting away BEHIND the fighter's back. He sounds good but I am sure that only works with Andre Ward. I doubt Amir Khan even knows he's there.

It is hard to put yourself in the situation of a fighter but sometimes I do think if I was a world-level fighter I'd just want someone giving me breathing exercises and a drink of water and the only questions they'd ask me are mini-mental tests to ensure I am still cognitively functioning. I think I'd prefer a physiotherapist to some trainers. Surely they'd be the ones with evidenced based knowledge on breathing correctly under duress and combating fatigue.

Imagine having to hear Teddy Atlas' rambling metaphors when you've got a busted nose and lactic acid up to your tits?

1 minute between rounds isn't really used as a pit stop is it?

As fans it's good drama but blood hell sometimes you watch the trainer chatting away and you think: Is anyone gonna offer this poor cunt a drink?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            That's what I thought.

I wonder about a lot of technical advice anyway. Like when you have Virgil Hunter chatting away BEHIND the fighter's back. He sounds good but I am sure that only works with Andre Ward. I doubt Amir Khan even knows he's there.

It is hard to put yourself in the situation of a fighter but sometimes I do think if I was a world-level fighter I'd just want someone giving me breathing exercises and a drink of water and the only questions they'd ask me are mini-mental tests to ensure I am still cognitively functioning. I think I'd prefer a physiotherapist to some trainers. Surely they'd be the ones with evidenced based knowledge on breathing correctly under duress and combating fatigue.

Imagine having to hear Teddy Atlas' rambling metaphors when you've got a busted nose and lactic acid up to your tits?

1 minute between rounds isn't really used as a pit stop is it?

As fans it's good drama but blood hell sometimes you watch the trainer chatting away and you think: Is anyone gonna offer this poor cunt a drink?
            Top comment. A fighter in his own world hears very little.

Comment

Working...
            X