Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Money Issues Remain, Not Sure Jacobs is Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Why are you always serving up articles that don't prove your point? Nowhere did it says Duva pushed for a purse Bid.

They delayed it cause they'd much rather take Jacobs scalp than have Danny vacate, which is a guarantee if it goes to purse bid
    You assume K2 would've won the purse bid. However, if DiBella wins the purse bid, Jacobs get 25%, but DiBella takes the fight where he wants, and the fight is on Showtime or a PBC event! Will K2 go through with the fight, or will they do what Duva did, and say "GGG can only fight on HBO?" In that scenario, GGG is the one who will vacate, not Jacobs!

Comment

• Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
      And Ward ran to 175 2 weight classes above 160 . Multiple weight classes see how that works hater troll.
      Except that Ward is fighting Kovelov while GGG has fought nothing but bums(except for Brooks who jumped two weight class to fight him)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
        With hbos current budget contraints, the right deal, ggg potentially having to drop the belt, I wouldn't completely rule it out. They also get to stick it to al haymon by having their guy destroy a fighter he's invested alot of time and money in. Ggg will be like a min 8-9:1 favorite. Only the hardcore haymonites actually believe he has a chance.
        ??? So are you saying HBO let's him go??? Or just pimps him out for 1 nite???

Comment

• Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
          And Ward ran to 175 2 weight classes above 160 . Multiple weight classes see how that works hater troll.
          How do you run to 175 and fight a guy who would probably KILL GGG in the ring??? GGG would get FUK STOMPED by Kov. with his stupid zero defense trying to go blow4blow with Kov. FKN Brook put a bunch of bumps all over GGG's face. Kov would take GGG's haead off.

Your a special STUPID.

Last edited by Shadoww702; 11-05-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
            Except that Ward is fighting Kovelov while GGG has fought nothing but bums(except for Brooks who jumped two weight class to fight him)
            That FKN RTARD probably thinks GGG is better than Kovalov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              [B]Sergey Kovalev bails on Adonis Stevenson's purse bid order[/B

April 15, 2015:

]But after Stevenson (26-1, 21 KOs), 37, of Montreal, retained the title by one-sided decision against Sakio Bika on April 4, he and promoter Yvon Michel, whom Kovalev and Duva had accused of ducking the fight, professed their desire to make the match, be it to negotiate terms or let it go to a purse bid, where the promoter with the biggest offer would win the promotional rights.

Then Duva announced that she would not participate in the bidding process, which came as a surprise considering how much she dogged Stevenson for supposedly avoiding the fight.

Duva, the one who initially suggested that the WBC make Kovalev the mandatory at the organization's annual convention late last year, said that while she and Kovalev very much want to make the fight, Kovalev is under exclusive contract to HBO, which would not allow him to fight on another network. Stevenson is backed by Haymon, who could bankroll a big bid by Michel and put the fight on Showtime or one of the networks on which his Premier Boxing Champions series appears, such as NBC, CBS or ESPN, whose deal begins in July.

Most believe that if the fight did go a purse bid, Main Events would have no prayer of winning because even if HBO backed the bid it would not be enough to beat Haymon, whose PBC investor war chest is believed to be worth far more than $100 million.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...urse-bid-order

As you stated, K2 pushed for a purse bid, and then delayed it for more time to negotiate. Why? 75/25 is in GGG's favor, is it not? What else is there to negotiate? I don't believe K2 wants that purse bid because GGG will get his 75%, but DiBella will be the promoter!
              Could be that k2 genuinely wants the fight, but doesn't want to pay Jacobs more than they think he's worth. Maybe they would prefer to avoid a purse bid less cos they're worried about losing the bid than that it would kill the fight? Could be there was some bluff in calling for purse, I believe it was a tactic to bring Jacobs back to the table, but they were really hoping not to have to resort to it. There's a fine line to tread in such circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Could be that k2 genuinely wants the fight, but doesn't want to pay Jacobs more than they think he's worth. Maybe they would prefer to avoid a purse bid less cos they're worried about losing the bid than that it would kill the fight? Could be there was some bluff in calling for purse, I believe it was a tactic to bring Jacobs back to the table, but they were really hoping not to have to resort to it. There's a fine line to tread in such circumstances.
                I know K2 really wants the fight, but if they're not gonna give Jacobs what he wants, then THE WBA must order the purse bid! If K2 loses, or walks away, then GGG must vacate the belt!

Comment

I know K2 really wants the fight, but if they're not gonna give Jacobs what he wants, then THE WBA must order the purse bid! If K2 loses, or walks away, then GGG must vacate the belt!
                  That is indeed the case unless HBO are willing to let GGG fight on SHO (or whereever) - which we don't know the answer to yet. I'd imagine playing on concerns over Haymon winning a purse bid (if there is such a concern) would be a useful bargaining chip for Jacobs.

Or as I suggested previously maybe K2 are simply worried that if it goes to purse Jacobs may feel it's not worth his while and they lose the fight having wasted a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    That is indeed the case unless HBO are willing to let GGG fight on SHO (or whereever) - which we don't know the answer to yet. I'd imagine playing on concerns over Haymon winning a purse bid (if there is such a concern) would be a useful bargaining chip for Jacobs.

Or as I suggested previously maybe K2 are simply worried that if it goes to purse Jacobs may feel it's not worth his while and they lose the fight having wasted a few months.
                    They wouldn't have wasted a few months if the purse bid was already held. Jacobs would've fought, or vacated, and they could be concentrating on Saunders, Zurdo Ramirez, or Lara!

Comment

They wouldn't have wasted a few months if the purse bid was already held. Jacobs would've fought, or vacated, and they could be concentrating on Saunders, Zurdo Ramirez, or Lara!
                      Again you are correct. With hindsight they should have just gone with the early purse bid or allowed it to happen on the originally announced date. My guess is K2 believed (or were allowed to believe) that there was still a chance of coming to terms, though that doesn't necessarily shed light as to whether they wished to avoid a purse bid due to concerns over losing the bid (and possibly having to fight on a rival network) or losing the fight altogether.

My personal intuition is that K2 were played rather cleverly by Haymon who knew that they couldn't pursue any other fights while negotiations were ongoing and wished to avoid having a major HBO fight competing with the Dec 10th date which was to kick off the SHO winter season and must already have been in it's planning stages early in the Jacobs - GGG negotiations.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-05-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X