No announcement yet.

whose competition was greater???...Cotto or floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto

He fought Shayne Mosley, margarito and pacquio when they were all absolute beasts. He even gave Floyd bloody hell and Floyd himself said cotto was his toughest. He'll cotto even fought Canelo at caneloweight with a full three more years experience after he fought Floyd.

Floyd fought all these guys, except margarito of course, in compromised form.

Comment

• Ha, Floyd for sure at this point....

Comment

• At no point in Cotto's career did he ever sniff Floyd's resume.

This place was (and is) utterly ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
          cotto hands down

cotto fought mosley at a time when he was more dangerous then when floyd faced him

margarito is a guy floyd wouldn't go anyway near same with clottey and he has fought pacquiao!!

floyd fought a washed up de la hoya, washed up sharmba mitchel,l marquez and hatton are both smaller guys he gets props for corrales & castillo but not alot more.
          he should've fought cotto when he was undefeated aswell imo

but what mayweather has done through the weight divisions is more impressive thats something only special fighters do
          That's true about Mayweather. Sad to see that some of his fans don't feel the same for other boxers that win belts in 4+ divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Why didn't he fight Floyd at 140???
            Floyd conveniently "retired" for the first time. Got back In the game after cotto was blougeaned by margarito and pacquiao. Floyd even said "he's back for cotto" lol, all the while knowing he was being trained by an amateur coach. Now that was cottos fault but one can see the pattern of convenience for Floyd.

Further, I see people brought up corrales. True corrales was good but was six foot bamn near and fought at 130 or so, I forget. What I don't forget was corrales eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches right before he walked into the ring. Tall tell sign of someone who underwent annextreme battle with weight. It showed in corrales' performance. He had nothing. First fight I saw were Floyd took advantage of someone at the negotiating table. It was sad to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
              Margarito and Pac have a very high chance of giving Floyd an L, so no, if Floyd fought everyone in Cotto's resume he might just have his same record. If Cotto fought everyone in Floyd's.... he might have Floyd's.
              I think the shayne who fought cotto and smashed de la Hoya twice had the best chance to beat Floyd on cotto resume. Dude was a beast. Of course Floyd dragged that fight out until Shane was nothing. Manny who whipped cotto had the scone bat chance. But Floyd waited 5-6 years to make that fight.

The best person to beat Floyd was cotto when he was trained by his uncle evangilista. An uber beast. But of course Floyd "retired" at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.one View Post
                Let's not forget that besides Cotto's losses he has looked mediocre in some of the big wins as well, not to mention the NY gifts he's got in the past or stuff over looked in his fights because it was in NY. Floyd looks good in his wins and to me has fought a better level of fighters with wins where he looked great as opposed to Cotto's big resume of guys that aren't all quite Tier one guys and still looked vulnerable in one way or another (Hitting low on purpose, running and gassing) while Floyd is a master who rarely looks out of his element. Cotto lost every fight that could have got him the Mayweather fight anyway so it's his fault he never got the fight, if thats where this is going. Floyd is many classes above Cotto across the board.
                Did you see mayweather vs cotto? It's a stretch of epic proportions to say Floyd is many classes above cotto across the board. Cotto was the only fighter to look like he belonged in the ring with Floyd in the past decade. Everyone else got embarrassed. Their fight was a pretty even affair until cotto gased out after the 8th. Cotto blew his load and Floyd took over. Cotto was not outclassed but outconditioned. Or out iv'd depending on your proclivities. And cotto was trained by an amateur coach at that. Lol.
                A well conditioned cotto under roach would wreck havoc upon Floyd. Would he win? I don't know I would love to see the rematch to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                  he doesnt want to end up with parkinsons...........nothing bad about that...................
                  Then he should not be calling himself tbe
                  Last edited by Don Pichardo; 08-15-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTL View Post
                    I don't understand these better Resumes thing.. Floyd is the clear better fighter so stuff like this is irrelevant.
                    Care to explain...

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Anyone who is a champion now and is known as a decent fighter seems to have a better resume than FLoyd.

People dont seem to respect what FLoyd has achieved. Its not looking good for Floyd for when he retires. He will be remembered for having a memorable defence and thats about it, but has become a figure of ridicule.
                      He brought the rediclue himself. And his defense was impeccable but not infallible. Best defense in the game no doubt. That's why it's so memorable. What he did to Canelo was nothing short of extraordinary. His offense was very good as well but no not memorable. He was extremely conservative with punches. A by product of his defense strategy. Again he brought that upon himself.
                      The knit other thing of note for Floyd is his "0". However we all know he wouldn't have that 0 if he fought cotto, Shane, manny , Oscar when he really should have.

Comment

Working...
                      X