No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    The right man won that fight. The score were to wide though but non of the less it wouldn't had matter what score it was going to be.

I actually give Canelo a better chance against triple G, wouldn't make him the favorite but it will be more competitive because Canelo does a lot of size to himself
    In this fight, Canelo gets the opportunity to drop the Hyprid Boxing where he is half Slick Boxer, half big aggressive fighter. He can simply try to outbox GGG. Cotto would have tried to do it, and he wouldn't have succeeded because he is not that great of a boxer when he dances around the ring. He can only get away with that against a Margarito type, but GGG is a much more skilled come forward fighter.

Canelo has a bit of Floyd in him, with his defense and one punch pot shots. I don't think he will win, but it will be interesting.

Comment

• I had it by draw 50/50.
      Congrats to Canelo and Golden boy
      Cotto, it's time to retire!

Comment

• Cotto won that fight the fix was in those score cards were ridiculous all this crap canelo was going to walk thru and destroy cotto what happend cotto was never hurt took w.e canelo brought and outboxed him canelo had the bigger shots but cotto control the pace canelo gained my respect but cotto won this fight by 1 round or I can see canelo by 1 round wide score cards what a joke

Comment

• Brilliant display by Canelo. Maybe he is improving after all?

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            BUTTHURTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
            Butthurt or your not ....your so thick you can't even read a sentence lol

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              The right man won that fight. The score were to wide though but non of the less it wouldn't had matter what score it was going to be.

I actually give Canelo a better chance against triple G, wouldn't make him the favorite but it will be more competitive because Canelo does a lot of size to himself
              do u see how bad he delt with that jab tonight...ggg is going to take his head off unless he is weight drained...canelo tried to play that mess off by showboating and over moving his head, but the truth is he had a mouse on his eye from it and cotto never looked really good during the fight..even before he got hit

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                I saw nothing in this fight that tells me Cotto is done.

He fought a young mexican star with a 20lb weight advantage and made him look silly at times. Cotto's punches just weren't powerful enough to hurt the heavier guy.

Same Cotto from tonight against anyone at 147 or a true 154 and you have another highlight reel KO performance.
                I must have missed those times. Canelo was the one who was making it look easy at times.

Canelo outboxed Cotto, made him miss and landed better shots in return

Comment

• Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                  This fight was a robbery! This is why boxing can't establish itself. Atrocious!
                  Quit crying bish, cotto didnt do **** but bounce around in his pink dress

Comment

• Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                    This fight was a robbery! This is why boxing can't establish itself. Atrocious!
                    lol haha yeah cotto getting outboxed was a robbery. not our fault your puto rican fighter cant fight. he ran all night.

he was ducking ducking ducking.

Comment

• 11-1, 10-2, 9-3 Canelo lol.

Do the judges not need to show up for fights now? Can they just turn in their scorecards like absentee ballots?

Comment

Working...
                      X