Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter: I've never wanted a fight as bad as I want Thurman. This is how boxing should

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    What's the hold up? Money? Location?
    Probably down to locking down all the various details for the deal (Las Vegas seems to be the stage [though negotiating out the deal with MGM Resorts for the live revenue], both fighters will likely be getting record purses for the fight, and Thurman-Porter is shaping up to be the final Haymon-affiliated fight card for the year).

No worries and, with a full 10 weeks (at least) to the fight, I'd imagine that the key players for the show are already in camp, if not just keeping fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Porter-Thurman (WBA) and Khan-Garcia (WBC), winners fight each other.
      If Khan was to beat Garcia, which I doubt he would as well as he wouldn't step in the ring with him again, what are the chances of him fighting a Porter or Thurman? Absolutely zero.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
        I used to think that too, but I don't know anymore. Thurman hasn't looked as good lately to me. Porter did get dropped by Broner though, and Thurman surely hits harder.
        That's why I think Porter will drop him but I think Thurman has enough speed and power to catch Porter being wild and make him hesitant so that he can out box him.

Comment

Good, even matchup, but I'd bet that this will be a sloppy, dull fight. Thurman circling the ring and firing off an occasional 2 or 3 punch combo before running away again, Porter jumping in headbutting and wrestling in the clinch. It's a 50/50 fight, but it's not going to be an epic showdown like some will anticipate.

Comment

Porter has a good shot at the upset.

He's like a Henry Armstrong type of a fighter, you better be on your A-Game if you're fighting him otherwise he'll rough you up.

Comment

The force runs strong in Porter. I like his style. Tough fight, but he is a real challenge.

Comment

This will be a great fight. I hope it gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
                  Shawn Porter will be my fighter of the year if he beats Thurman. Although I dont think he will.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/10/1...i-want-thurman

Former welterweight titleholder Shawn Porter, who is coming off of a big win this summer against Adrien Broner, is hoping that the rumors regarding a December 12 fight on Showtime against Keith Thurman pan out, telling the PBC on ESPN team on Wednesday night that he's heard the same as the rest of us.

"I've never wanted a fight as I've wanted this fight with Keith Thurman," Porter said. "I've heard the middle of December, but that's all I know. This will be one of the greatest fights of all time."

While that last part is a little hyperbolic, Porter's enthusiasm for the matchup is obvious. It would be a huge opportunity for the once-beaten Ohioan to knock off a guy seen as a potential new leader in the division. Porter (26-1-1, 16 KO) would come in the underdog for sure, but the 27-year-old would be a live dog at worst. He's won two fights this year, also beating late replacement opponent Erick Bone in March.

Thurman (26-0, 22 KO) has also won twice this year, defeating Robert Guerrero in March and Luis Collazo in July.
                  Give Shawn what he wants. Whether he wins or not, who has "pelotas" like this??? Quien???? Shawn "pelotas/balls" Porter.

Comment

Porter is all the things Khan is not.

His style may not be pretty, but he comes to fight and ducks no-one.

Including Brook.

Comment

Very good fight. Close. tight and even. I used to think One Time runs through Porter, but Thurman hasn't looked good under some serious pressure and that's Porter's wheelhouse. I guess it all boils down to Thurman's power. If porter doesn't respect it, he will win. If One Time lands something early and makes Porter think about it, he will lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X