Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did Tito Trinidad do to deserve his first world title shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
    WTF, Wright made easy work of him, gave him a beating and boxing lesson at the same time, it was classic!!!He lost to De La Hoya unless you thought Trinidad won? Yeah right!!
    why was de la hoya on his bike bro? i thought the mexicans always go all out?

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
      why was de la hoya on his bike bro? i thought the mexicans always go all out?
      Ask De La Hoya, it doesnt take the fact that Oscar still schooled Trinidad for almost the whole fight..Who you think won??

Comment

Ask De La Hoya, it doesnt take the fact that Oscar still schooled Trinidad for almost the whole fight..Who you think won??
        i had it even

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
          i had it even
          I had De La Hoya winning by two rounds, it should of been a draw because Trinidad did not do **** to Oscar and because Oscar ran like a puta!!

Comment

I had De La Hoya winning by two rounds, it should of been a draw because Trinidad did not do **** to Oscar and because Oscar ran like a puta!!
            yeah fight definetly didnt live up to the hype

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              sorry, I can't respect Trinidad after his wrap scandal.

I despise cheaters
              What a clown you are. A Margo supporter with this kind of statement

Comment

Why don't PRs question Trinidad's career after being caught by the same guy? Hmmmm! It's only a mental thing when it involves Tito with them.

But on the reals wraps or not Tito was a bad ass mother****er. He lost to mostly great/hof type of guys that were bigger(apart from Oscar robbery). Hopkins only beat him cause he made a career out of fighting little guys. Just imagine if Hopkins was a WW when Tito was kicking ass, he would of done what he did with Calzaghe.

Comment

You made a painting of a defeated man? For what purpose? Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    you dont remember crap you just went on box rec. Those fights weren't even televised
                    Sure they were.

Originally posted by Ring Master View Post
                    Didn't Jake Rodriguez become a Champion. I remember Jake lost his belt to kosta Tszyu. I remember Jake bc he was the first fighter Tito didn't KO.

EDIT: Also I remember Alberto Cortez, he had a great record with good power. He almost stopped trinidad in the 2nd round. I remember Cortez was good, he lost to JCC sr as an undefeated fighter.
                    Rodriguez wasn't a big win. Jake didn't upset Murry for the IBF 140 title til a year after Trinidad got his title.

Trinidad didn't have alot of names on his record but got his ranking by being undefeated and being impressive in his wins. Even the win over Blocker wasn't thought of as that impressive at the time because Blocker was just destroyed by Terry Norris in an attempt at the 154 belt. Trinidad's rep grew in time though and was really magnified by the way he handled the 154lb'rs and Joppy at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                      He'd been a pro for about 3 years and (looking at his boxrec record) it doesnt looks like he beat world class opponets/contenders. Does anyone here remember when he was coming up as a fighter, did he just capture fans imagination?
                      He did nothing. His record didn't have anybody even good at the time. All they had was a good looking prospect unless he was already signed with Don King

Comment

Working...
                      X