Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia vs. Judah nearly finalized for January 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another scary KO for Danny after a few good rounds from Zab! I think he will slowly break Zab down and will catch him while he is back pedalling with the hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      You really think he has a legit chance? Garcia has a good chin and he's everything Zab hates : a patient, consistent fighter who picks his shots, has good timing and excellent power.
      It's always appeared to me that Zab hates pressure, he enjoys being able to dictate the tempo. However, if he's not able to, he likes a slow fight where he can pick his shots and use his hand-speed. Garcia/Judah have the same idea, therefore why I believe the fight will be competitive for the first half.

Garcia has a banging left hook, does good body work and is developing a solid right hand. 65-35 in favor of Garcia, and I'm picking Garcia by late stoppage. Zab is arguably Garcia's "best" opponent to date. He's fresher than Morales and Campbell, more accomplished than Holt, and more experienced/seasoned than Khan. This is also Swift's first time fighting an experienced southpaw.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 10-26-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        It's always appeared to me that Zab hates pressure, he enjoys being able to dictate the tempo. However, if he's not able to, he likes a slow fight where he can pick his shots. Garcia/Judah have the same idea, therefore why I believe the fight will be competitive for the first half.

Garcia has a banging left hook, does good body work and is developing a solid right hand. 65-35 in favor of Garcia, and I'm picking Garcia by late stoppage. Zab is arguably Garcia's "best" opponent to date. He's fresher than Morales and Campbell, more accomplished than Holt, and more experienced/seasoned than Khan. This is also Swift's first time fighting an experienced southpaw.
        Clottey doesn't fight at a particularly fast pace but he works steadily just like Garcia and was able to break Zab down, would have won by stoppage if Zab hadn't *****ed out.

I see it as 85-15 in favor of Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Clottey doesn't fight at a particularly fast pace but he works steadily just like Garcia and was able to break Zab down, would have won by stoppage if Zab hadn't *****ed out.

I see it as 85-15 in favor of Garcia.
          Clottey is built like a brick wall and that was at WW. Garcia doesn't pose that type of physical threat and seems to have sensitive skin. We know Judah has quit in him and is mentally fragile, so what Garcia needs to do is land consistently and maintain his ground. Force the older fighter to move around the ring. Garcia also doesn't mind exchanging, can Zab make that work to his advantage? This is a decent match-up, 3rd best option behind Matts and Peterson. I'll tune in, and hopefully the under-card will be stacked.

Comment

Not excited for this one.

Comment

not the fight i'd like to see next for garcia...but hopefully garcia can move on to someone like matthysse after judah.

Comment

I respect this fight more than rematching a shot over the hill Morales.

Now this is an interesting fight..
                Judah looked vs that bum who got shot(i forget that bums name)

BUT, Garcia is willing to trade, goes to the body and is tough as nails.. Judah will likely fold under the pressure..

Judah still has a chance tho, like someone else said, if he can fight at his own tempo and use ring generalship, he has a chance. Judah is still fast as **** with very good power as well. Garcia doesnt exactly have great defense, but he is a good power counter punching, which could be a nightmare for Judah if hes sloppy

Comment

This is a pretty good fight. Yeah, Judah lost to Khan. But everyone seems to be forgetting that Judah beat Matthysse, in what was a very close fight. And he out classed Paris, who everyone said was going to whup Judah. Judah proved he still has something left. They wanted this fight for October, but Morales exercised his rematch clause. Plus, this will be Garcia's 4th fight in 9 months.

After this, I'd like to see a summer fight against Matthysse or Peterson.

Comment

I don't mind the fight but not excited about it.

It's a solid fight.

Comment

I still don't get the hate for this fight. Over the past few years this is what has happened in this division:

Judah beat Matthysse
                      Khan beat Judah
                      Garcia beat Khan

The top fighters in the division (Marquez aside since he probably won't fight any of these guys) are Garcia, Matthysse, Judah and Khan.

Then at the lower end you got Rios, Khabib, Guzman, Alvarado, etc. but Rios is with Top Rank and the other guys probably aren't on Garcia's radar.

But Garcia has the opportunity to clean out the division. He already defeated Khan. Now his hit list should include Judah and Matthysse for 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X