Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley the future of U.S. boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre ward is horrible to watch! really boring!
    I respect his skills but i would rather watch paint dry then ward fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      2 guys cant support an entire nation like the US in a sport.

You'll need more then 2 guys
      Dawson
      Guerrero
      Broner
      Trout
      Russell Jr.

We'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
        Andre ward is horrible to watch! really boring!
        I respect his skills but i would rather watch paint dry then ward fighting
        no you wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          2 guys cant support an entire nation like the US in a sport.

You'll need more then 2 guys
          How about Ward, Bradley, Andre Dirrell, Chad Dawson, Tavoris Cloud, Nonito Donaire, Adrien Broner, Danny Garcia, Gary Russell Jr., Mikey Garcia, and Jose Benavidez?

There's probably more that I forgot to mention but that's just off the top of my head.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            I think both are very skillfull fighters but man their styles can be so unentertaining to watch sometimes.

I know some are gonna talk about their 'versatility' and **** but truth is that most mainstream boxing fans don't give a **** about that. And unlike Floyd neither of these guys have the personality to attract new fans.
            Timmy just doesn't have the talent and skill to get to where Ward can.

Comment

I think Ortiz should get a mention in this thread. Brandon Rios has star potential as well. How about Broner and Russel Jr.? If Kirkland has actually turned the corner he could be huge and he's a guy that could be popular even if he loses here and there, imo. Gamboa? Sure he claims Cuba like any proud immigrant loathe to insult his former country. But where is he? Yeah. Puerto Rico? Where do all their big stars fight? For that matter I think we have a claim on Khan after he pretty much renounced the UK a few months ago in an article that was on this very site, if memory serves. Ya'll musta' forgot. Plenty of new guys w/some star potential in the US and if they're here, we get to see em' the most so who's are they? On top of that, plenty of boxing stars who don't live here have fights here because (hate it as much as you like) it's still a big, money making market.

US fans ain't gonna' starve. Not for US fighters nor for anybody else's.

Comment

Good god, stop claiming Donaire. The dude identifies with the Philippines and carries out the Filipino flag to his fights. Just cause he is a citizen doesn't mean he represents this country, it just means he enjoys this country's benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  But they are the best the U.S. has to offer now. I cannot see them losing anytime soon so their fights will be frequently shown on tv.
                  Ward and Bradley are not the best the US has to offer....I don't where you get that shi.t from.

The future is Gary Russell Jr...Adrian Broner...Demetrius Andrade...Vernon Paris...ect....ect.....ect.

The future of American boxing is a lot brighter than your self-esteem can handle.

Who ya'll got?????

Froch is old...Khan ain't shi.t..Brock is good but nothing to write home about...Haye is gay..

WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN FUTURE....OURS IS FINE....

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Timmy just doesn't have the talent and skill to get to where Ward can.
                    That's just dumb.

Unlike Andre.....Tim fights all over the world...

Tim doesn't get tired like Ward

Tim has a chin...unlike Ward

Ward was hurt from Froch's punches in the 12th...he was tired and falling in..Andre was also bothered by average bodyshots.

That's why Froch is kicking himself...

Comment

All you need is to see a guy on a few PPV's and for him to win and people start to think of him as a star. That's how all these "stars" get their starts, on PPV undercards, then eventually they headline the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X