Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the dangers of illicit drugs been massively overhyped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Have the dangers of illicit drugs been massively overhyped?

Why they gotta make it so hard for a ***** to do some coke and weed? Educate the people on the danger but don't outright ban the shyt!

Doing drugs can be plenty harmful. The same goes for other activities, from big wave surfing to heli-skiing. But our tendency to overestimate the risks of drugs hampers our ability to tackle addiction.

What is the most dangerous activity you can engage in? If you guessed doing illegal drugs, you would be wrong. Extreme sports like big wave surfing, heli-skiing, cave diving, white-water rafting and mountain climbing all have a higher rate of risk to life and limb. Yet the question of a ban on these behaviors beloved by "adrenaline addicts" is viewed as ludicrous, even when the risk of death, say, in climbing Mount Everest once (until recently, about 1 in 3) is greater than the annual risk of dying from heroin addiction (around 1% to 4%).

Or consider mundane activities like driving: Car accidents are responsible for 1% of annual deaths nationwide. Cigarettes and alcohol do at least as much, if not more, harm to each user than heroin or cocaine. Alcohol, cocaine and heroin have a 3% to 15% rate of addiction, depending on how it is measured—and tobacco's rate is higher. Yet the risks don't align well with their legal and social status, especially when you consider that marijuana is safer than any of the legal drugs.
    Last edited by Hype job; 02-19-2018, 07:49 PM.

100%. I've been around far too many functional addicts in my time of a few substances. Some people fall off the deep end, but its a small minority.

It sounds like you can potentially even measure the likelihood someone has that sorta addictive behavior & it'd probably be more worthwhile to monitor those people closer & live most others alone. Would probably lower the death rate even more with increased money spend on those who need it & less on those that don't.

Comment

Nope. Why do people that try to down play it always go to weed? Talk opiates in comparison to whatever you're trying to down play. It's over once you touch it for most everyone and despite what they tell you about help theres no coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
        Nope. Why do people that try to down play it always go to weed? Talk opiates in comparison to whatever you're trying to down play. It's over once you touch it for most everyone and despite what they tell you about help theres no coming back.
        Did you read the quote, opiates are no more addictive than alcohol or coke, most of this chit is exagerrated.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
            Did you read the quote, opiates are no more addictive than alcohol or coke, most of this chit is exagerrated.
            No it didn't fully show up until I refreshed. I knew a lot of cokeheads growing up they for the most part were functioning people but crackheads were a different story.

Comment

Why they gotta make it so hard for a ***** to do some coke and weed? Educate the people on the danger but don't outright ban the shyt!

That's article is bull****. I've seen many addicts and the guys who did heroine made the rest look like nothing. I had a friend who did it, overdosed a dozen times tried to quit probably 50+ times never could. Ended up intentionally taking enough too kill himself.

Comment

No once you hit herion you ain’t coming back unless you got the will of god in you cause it takes your soul, I seen people in n out of rehab on that 99% don’t come back.

Comment

This is such a misnomer but the feeble minded will buy it. For example: 1 pack of cigarettes is 20 cigs. You can smoke twenty cigs a day for 20 years and not die, rob your family, suc k a d1ck, give up dat booty for a cigaraette. If you shoot heroin more than a few times a day, it'll kill you quick. Not to mention how many d1cks are sucked, bootyholes gaped, parents and family stolen from to fuel the habit. The parallels in the argument are way out of proportion from one another but it's always referenced. Same with alcohol.

Comment

You never seen a Crack/Heroine/Coke addict didn't ya? They have on of the saddest state I've seen in my life that you would pitty them to die rather than live in such suffering. Y'all down play it so just so the fact that you can easily access coke in the market.

This "Drugs dont do nuthin but help the society in medicine" ain't about medicines and health itself, you stone heads just argue that so that you can smoke it recreationally.

Comment

Working...
                    X