No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VNDERB0SS View Post
    I want it to be Uruguay vs Brazil in the final.
    Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    I'm learning something new every day from the yanks in this thread by popping in daily.

Thank god they're here to tell us what our uneducated eyes are watching at this World Cup.
    They really are thick as pig shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      I actually can’t wait until Saturday

When’s it acceptable to start drinking?
      It's a heatwave it doesn't matter, we are basically all on holiday. That said 9am seems about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        It's a heatwave it doesn't matter, we are basically all on holiday. That said 9am seems about right.
        Yeah a couple of looseners with my my crunch nut sounds about right

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            What part of that win was fortunate? The best team quite clearly won.
            Colombia were coming on strong in the end, after they scored the momentum was on their side. I thought they would snatch the victory because they were better in possession than England, who after scoring their penalty they didn't create many if at any, clear cut chances, they didn't look like killing the game after going 1-0 instead they let Colombia back in. And how many time have we seen England lose after going one up in a major tournaments? Same old shhh no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
              Colombia were coming on strong in the end, after they scored the momentum was on their side. I thought they would snatch the victory because they were better in possession than England, who after scoring their penalty they didn't create many if at any, clear cut chances, they didn't look like killing the game after going 1-0 instead they let Colombia back in. And how many time have we seen England lose after going one up in a major tournaments? Same old shhh no?
              None of that makes the win fortunate. It just wasn't easy.

What clear cut chances did Colombia have? Why couldn't they kill us off in extra time? Or on penalties? Maybe, just maybe because England were the better team overall.

England were also the only team actually interested in getting the ball on the ground and playing rather than wrestling and whining. So there's that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                In a way, I think it's due to the nature of the games we have played though. Belgium game was a write off, two B teams, cannot judge on that one.

Tunisia and Panama knew they were up against much superior opposition in terms of quality, so they just got as many men behind the ball as possible, so it's not easy to really get through a wall of players from open play. That's why so many big teams have struggled v supposed lesser teams. Actually we played some good football v Tunisia a times and created a lot of chances, but the finishing was rubbish

Then Colombia were just hell bent on making the game as bitty and stop-start as possible. We actually played some really good football for the first 15 minutes until they decided to try to take us out of our game.

I'd say the game v Sweden is arguably our first opportunity to play our game properly. But they're no mugs, definitely a hard team to beat. It'll be a much cleaner game of football and ultimately down to if we're good enough or not.

I think there's definitely much better football to come from us. We have shown flashes of it when possible.
                I can see that, definitely. I agree there's more to come from this team. Mentally they seem stronger than past England sides and there's a togetherness that was once lacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  None of that makes the win fortunate. It just wasn't easy.

What clear cut chances did Colombia have? Why couldn't they kill us off in extra time? Or on penalties? Maybe, just maybe because England were the better team overall.

England were also the only team actually interested in getting the ball on the ground and playing rather than wrestling and whining. So there's that too.

"Fortunate" "wasn't easy" semantics. Same thing.

Yes, the better team won a draw

Enjoy your quarter-final

Comment

:

Sad part is they truly believe like they have world class talents and superior knowledge of the sport even their pundits
                    Last edited by Phenom; 07-05-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

"Fortunate" "wasn't easy" semantics. Same thing.

Enjoy your quarter-final
                      Won/went through, same outcome.

I will mate, I always enjoy big games.

Comment

Working...
                      X