Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which combat sport produces the most devastating ko's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    a kick with a bare shin is obviously more powerful than a punch with a gloved hand. i still think the hardest impact in MMA is a slam. watch this:

this was in an organization called pride, which allowed for a lot less wrestling because you could kick and knee a "grounded" opponent. rampage jackson KO ricardo arona.

that said, headkick knockouts in mma are rare. most of the stoppages in MMA, at least when i watched it regularly, were of the variety where a fighter would get hurt on his feet with a punch or punches, and be stopped quickly when he went down and took a few more punches.
    Kicks are certainly not the norm, but there are several guys that do get them or at least did. Don't follow MMA the way I use to before it went all pussified. Check out some highlights from Mirko Cro Cop, straight up brutal kicks to the head. Can't say I disagree about slams though, they can be devastating.

Comment

MMA has some filthy knockouts in stand-up just because most of the fighters' have boxing flaws and allows for a haymaker to come in and destroy.

Boxing probably produces the more "beautiful" KO shots though.

Comment

Working...
      X