No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    500,000 viewers is the preliminary estimate for viewers in Poland on PolSat TV.

GGG is an international star.
    Hahahahaha

Comment

• oh darn...back to free HBO then...cool with me

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        And thats starting to change. He just sold out the Garden, and we'll know in a month whether the Cotto-Canelo winner will fight him or vacate instead.

If the Cotto-Canelo winner vacates, and GGG cant get the final unification with Lee, then at THAT point it probably makes sense for him to consider moving up. But everything they have been trying to line up for the past 3 years is now finally within reach. They would have been fools to set that aside for a Ward fight.

But like I said before, we simply disagree on this. Yet you still keep trying to convince me. Can you not accept that some people have a different opinion than you?
        I'm not trying to convince you. I am just astonished that beating one of the best fighters in the world would hurt GGG's marketability relative to getting fights that he hasn't gotten already and likely will not get in the future.

Two posts ago I said I strongly disagree and you were entitled to feel any way you do. I thought it would end there.

Our disagreeing is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          If that were the case then Cotto-Margarito would have done a million because that was as hyped as this bout. It did 525K. So no it doesn't work like that.
          Cotto-Margarito 2 which was PPV, first one wasn't. But their rematch wasnt as looked forward to as much as Cotto-Canelo. Both fighters going in were damaged goods. In this fight cotto is enjoying a resurgence(a second wind in his career) and Canelo is still Canelo. Margarito had a good following amongst Mexicans. But Canelo who's from Guadalajara, Mexicos second biggest city. In the US there are millions of Mexicans who came from guadajara and millions more who come from the state of Jalisco where guadajara is located. So Canelos fanbase is much more solid than Margarito. Margarito was born in California then moved to Tijuana as a kid so his fanbase was not as solid as Canelos is now.

That being said Cotto-Canelo will do numbers north of a million and I'll be surprised if it did less than a million.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            Cotto-Margarito 2 which was PPV, first one wasn't. But their rematch wasnt as looked forward to as much as Cotto-Canelo. Both fighters going in were damaged goods. In this fight cotto is enjoying a resurgence(a second wind in his career) and Canelo is still Canelo. Margarito had a good following amongst Mexicans. But Canelo who's from Guadalajara, Mexicos second biggest city. In the US there are millions of Mexicans who came from guadajara and millions more who come from the state of Jalisco where guadajara is located. So Canelos fanbase is much more solid than Margarito. Margarito was born in California then moved to Tijuana as a kid so his fanbase was not as solid as Canelos is now.

That being said Cotto-Canelo will do numbers north of a million and I'll be surprised if it did less than a million.
            It won't do a million. I can be almost positive of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              oh darn...back to free HBO then...cool with me
              Sounds good to me too. Now I just need to get HBO. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post

The first fight was on PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  It won't do a million. I can be almost positive of that.
                  I gave you the reasons why it will do more than a million. Why do you think it will do less? Because saying it won't doesn't sound like you are sure. Tell me why you think that it won't?

Comment

that fight had legit buzz and it delivered...that was a great fight party

Comment

You sure?

I thought it was regular HBO. But I just looked it up and it was PPV. I don't remember buying it but i watched it at home. I remember that.

Anyways that fight was not a huge PPV build like this one. At that point in Margaritos career and at this point in Canelos career. Canelo has the overwhelmingly bigger fanbase and I stated why in my first reply to you. Plus cotto is enjoying a resurgence in his career so combine that with Canelos star power(canelo and mayweather did 2.4 million, while at the time Floyd was doing 1 million buys with fights with maidana, Guerrero and Ortiz) it will do way better than Cotto-Margarito 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X