Collapse
No announcement yet.

The heavyweight division is absolutely wonderful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The division is terrible. I don't see how last nights fight changed anything. Arreola is just as bad as the rest of the division i never rated him in the first place, can't even be bothered to get in shape for a Heavyweight title shot.

Two good champions (K bros) and one good challenger (Haye) does not make a good division.

I'm not hating on the division, it's one of my all time favourites, i just think it's a shame that this is what it's become.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows208 View Post
      Both Wlad and Vitali are pretty good, but after them, there is a huge drop off.
      The Klitschkos are indeed well above the rest. But that has more to do with the brothers being good, than the other fighters being bad.

Comment

I've tried to deny it before, but I'll say it's dire. The only saviour for the division is Wlad, but everyone else is seriously a load of **** - Chambers will get murked, Povetkin will end up being Chagaev'ed, Valuev will continue to rob people, Haye won't fight ****, and Vitali will rack up deceptive stoppage wins with his horrendous style.

The division is in a baaaaaaaaaaad place right now. Bowe, Tyson, Lennox and Holyfield from the '90s would fuck any of these guys up.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          The division is in a baaaaaaaaaaad place right now. Bowe, Tyson, Lennox and Holyfield from the '90s would fuck any of these guys up.

Vitali > Bowe

Common opponents:

Donald KO 10 Vitali, UD Bowe
          Hide KO 2 Vitali, KO 6 Bowe

Vitali would have destroyed the mediocre Golota, but Bowe was beaten up by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
            The Klitschkos are indeed well above the rest. But that has more to do with the brothers being good, than the other fighters being bad.
            It's a bit of both IMO. They are good, but essentially fight the same way everytime; there's no one with a skill set good enough to challenge them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post

Vitali > Bowe

Common opponents:

Donald KO 10 Vitali, UD Bowe
              Hide KO 2 Vitali, KO 6 Bowe

Vitali would have destroyed the mediocre Golota, but Bowe was beaten up by him.
              bowe also fought much better versions of those fighters. bowe had a short prime because he couldnt stay focused

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                No, the divison is not wonderful but it's not the worst.

Vitali was sensational last night - what a performance.
                Yeah Jnr Middleweight is utterly abysmal right now.

Comment

And LOL at whoever said Bowe would beat Vitali.

A 38 year old Vitali would beat a prime Bowe from what we saw last night. What an amazing beatdown.

Seriously, lmfao Bowe beating Vitali - what a joke some Americans are - can't stand the fact two brothers from the Ukarine are sending their heavyweights into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                    And LOL at whoever said Bowe would beat Vitali.

A 38 year old Vitali would beat a prime Bowe from what we saw last night. What an amazing beatdown.

Seriously, lmfao Bowe beating Vitali - what a joke some Americans are - can't stand the fact two brothers from the Ukarine are sending their heavyweights into retirement.
                    the riddick bowe that beat holyfield in their first fight, beats any version of vitali. i dont see how that is so hard to believe. bowe in his prime and when he was focused was a very good fighter. and lets not get ahead of ourselves. he beat chris arreola, whos best win is a washed up jameel mccline. saying vitali would beat bowe just because of the performance he did last night does not make any sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
                      bowe also fought much better versions of those fighters. bowe had a short prime because he couldnt stay focused
                      Bowe is terribly overrated.

Vitali fought the better, age 28 version of Hide, WBO titleholder at the time.

Donald had not really declined when Vitali fought him in 2001. Golota was always mediocre, the version that fought Bowe would have been stopped by Vitali.

Comment

Working...
                      X