No announcement yet.

why do people hold jones,toney in high regard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
    why should i be banned? expressing my view?

if jones, toney and all those other drug abuses were from outside of the usa... most people would rip their accomplishments apart

imagine cokezaghe got found takign stuff while he was fighting, not after... damnnn ... title of best smw ever would be down the toilet
    The dude in your avy is the biggest juicer in the sport runs from drug tests like Povetkin from a Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      If someone is incredibly naive and stupid they can believe that the only guys using PEDs are the ones getting caught. Boxing has consistently been grouped with track and cycling as being the most overrun in terms of PEDs. I think the reality is that something like 80%+ of the top tier of the sport is circumventing or cheating the testing in one way or another.
      Great post. This probably applies to all sports. The percentage maybe higher.

Comment

Roy's athletic abilities and skills were freakish, and no one could match James Toney's abilities to fight off the ropes. It's as if Toney was perfectly engineered to box, fighting seemed so natural to him. I shouldn't have to get into specifics really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          I was praising him? He has a powerful voice in boxing and his stance on PEDs has placed it at the forefront of the sport's consciousness, as I said, he got the ball rolling and whatever his reasons, he deserves credit for that.
          Haha fair enough, apologies.

Comment

They were great fighters who both made a mistake once.

Comment

#truthis ... there is no evidence of pacman on juice. just suspicion and haters suspect

Comment

Yeah maybe people shouldnt hold them in such high regard. I keep forgetting that jones was tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
                  TS is correct. Drug cheats should not be in high regards when it comes to boxing.

They cheated to gain an edge in a very violent sport, putting people's lives in danger.
                  It isn't clear if Roy had an "edge". As far as I know, testing for anabolic steroidswasn't as common in Boxing in most areas yet so fighters all over the sport could have been using them. In the fight in which he was caught, his opponent (Richard Hall) had a higher amount in his system than Roy had.

As for Toney, they probably helped him make weight and did little else. He was never a power puncher and got by on skill.
                  Last edited by res; 07-10-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

#truthis ... there is no evidence of pacman on juice. just suspicion and haters suspect
                    All the proof i need is the fact he was hurt at lower weights but at 147 suddenly the guy is bulletproof,not to mention the test ducking etc.

Comment

when they are steroid abuses?

same with sugar shane..

there accomplishments mean nothing, they are a disgrace to the sport

fact
                      I agree......all 3 are cheaters and fake a s s fans like to flip flop on what cheaters should get credit and who shouldn't

Also those who duck tests should get criticism as well....like the man in your avi

Comment

Working...
                      X