• Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh no Diuretic man Chavez will sign? oh no

MAKE THE DRUGS TEST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      http://r i n g t v.craveonline.com/blog/172487-mares

ARUM SAYS JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR. WILL FIGHT SERGIO MARTINEZ IF HE BEATS ANDY LEE"
      Say what!?!?!

Can ANYONE.....ANYONE plllleeeeease explain how a SEVERE asskicking in PPV enhance the value of the paper panda known as JCCJ?

ANYONE?

All Arum has to do a few more BS fights and he would make more $$ than ONE fight against Martinez.

The ppl who thinks this is gonna happen are also the ppl who complain the state of boxing and continue to buy PPVs.

Seriusly now...anyone care to explain?

Comment

I thought the deal was that Chavez/Martinez had to be agreed to and signed off on or else Jr. would be stripped. Now he is going to sign after the fight? Something is fishy here, I can see it now:
        "Unfortunately Chavez had a slight cut on his eyelid so he will not be available until mid 2013 or until right after Martinez signs another opponent, whichever comes first."- Bob Arum.

Comment

Arum said the same thing before Chavez fought Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            LOL Arum is the king of lining up opponents months in advance but he doesn't wanna do it this time?

He just told us he's lined him up, but first has to win the Lee fight. It's simplemto understand and normal for Arum who likes to prepare in advance. However I'm certain that he has contingency plans as well. He's a lawyer, so in his way of thinking, nothing is certain until it's certain. That's exactly what he was aaying....Simple.

He's giving Martinez a very good deal, 60-40. I thought it would be 70-30 or 65-35. he pays well.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              This is pure nonsense. Sitting and talking with him about the fight is not the same as signing the contract. This fight was supposed to take place two fights ago and now Arum is going to sit and talk with him after the Lee fight. This is more BS from Bob Arum. There will be no Chavez-Martinez fight. I can almost guarantee it.
              Why do you keep bringing up old "supposed to's"?? It's called "Flogging a dead horse". you may get the meaning.....He's announced a very good opponent in Lee whom Chavez is not even sure to beat. And then Martinez.

Comment

Am I the only one giving chavez a shot???

Martinez had problems in his last 2 fights fighting on the inside. Guess what chavez does best.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I was expecting much less. Interesting. A few weeks ago Steve Kim went into his Top Rank shill mode ranting on about how if the fight wasn't going to happen, it would be because of Martinez demanding too much money (while claiming Chavez could fight anyone on PPV and make more money than with fighting Martinez), but apparently Arum is fine with 60/40.

i think because it's such an easy fight to promote, and will probably do pretty well. i mean chavez jr the son of a mexican legend, stepping up to try and dethrone the basically universally rated #3 P4P and MW king. the money will be there to be made, 60/40 of the hbo money will be easy enough to part with for mr arum.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    Am I the only one giving chavez a shot???

Martinez had problems in his last 2 fights fighting on the inside. Guess what chavez does best.
                    You seem to forget something here. Martinez fought against a guy who has decent defense. Junior blocks punches with his face. Martinez is unorthodox in his style and would easy stop junior by 9th rd, if it goes that far.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                      You seem to forget something here. Martinez fought against a guy who has decent defense. Junior blocks punches with his face. Martinez is unorthodox in his style and would easy stop junior by 9th rd, if it goes that far.
                      So you're gonna shortchange chavez for what he lacks in defense but makes up for in offense and size???

Martinez is gonna have to punch up against chavez like he did against williams. but chavez wont leave his chin exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X