No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach and Wildcard would take Donaire to another level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach and Wildcard would take Donaire to another level

Nothing against Garcia as he is one of my favorite trainers but imho Nonito would benefit much if he were part of that Wild Card camp under Freddie Roach's tutelage.

I believe Roach has the knowledge best served to refine the vast yet still raw tool set of Donaire.

Alongside benefits from being part of such a talented camp, Nonito's chances of meeting his full potential would be greater if he were over there under Roach.

I think he would make him more aggressive which would benefit Donaire.

Comment

I agree, plus the juice that Ariza supplies is 10 times better than Contes.

Comment

no they wouldn't

Nonito naturally has the mentality of a counter-puncher the same way Linares does

Did you see what happened when they tried to change Linares?

Comment

That's what I mentioned in some thread like a month ago. Roach and Ariza would turn talent like that into a god. I hope Donaire decides to train with Pacquiao and comes over to wildcard.

Comment

Just because Good offensive fighter + Offensive trainer (roach) doesnt translate into Donaire being better. Some fighters need to pick up other areas of their game and Donaire in MY opinion would work best at countering rather than being the aggressor

Comment

I think he's fine where he is, and personally, can't think of another trainer who gives out better advice in the corner. I'm always in agreement to what Garcia has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                no they wouldn't

Nonito naturally has the mentality of a counter-puncher the same way Linares does

Did you see what happened when they tried to change Linares?

YES! And that was the first thing I thought watching that fight.

Freddie didn't help Linares one bit. First fight Freddie coached for him and he loses. Really. Freddie did more harm than good.

Nonito would be ruined by Freddie. Freddie coaches a certain style of fighter. Nonito doesn't fit that mold. He'd get much more damage in fights or even rack up loses if he got with Freddie.

Plus, Freddie pretty much went out of his way to bash Nonito. And Nonito has even said he made the right choice in a team. Otherwise meaning, he was better off not reaching out to Freddie to coach him.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  YES! And that was the first thing I thought watching that fight.

Freddie didn't help Linares one bit. First fight Freddie coached for him and he loses. Really. Freddie did more harm than good.

Nonito would be ruined by Freddie. Freddie coaches a certain style of fighter. Nonito doesn't fit that mold. He'd get much more damage in fights or even rack up loses if he got with Freddie.

Plus, Freddie pretty much went out of his way to bash Nonito. And Nonito has even said he made the right choice in a team. Otherwise meaning, he was better off not reaching out to Freddie to coach him.

Although he looked really good in my opinion, there was also so much wasted motion from Linares, all that bouncing around was unnecessary

Comment

roach doers not make good technical fighters. he is a piss poor defensive trainer. i mean if u watch his pro career u will see why. lol. but yea, i think he ruined linares. and as a whole there isnt a fighter outside of toney, who didnt really need roach, that he has improved substantially when it comes to the technical aspect of boxing. i think he would ruin donaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X