Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao will fight Berto (says Italian newspaper)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell the Italian newspaper to shove this little article up their ass! Pac is not fighting Berto!

Comment

DiBella got connections in Italian media?

Who'da thunk it?

Comment

DiBella got connections in Italian media?

Who'da thunk it?

Comment

if marquez wasnt a diva ***** with ducking money demands we would get marquez vs pac 3
          (at a welterweight catchweight,just above 140 just below 147,144?)

then we could have had mosley vs berto,

and the winner of that fought pac if floyd still wasnt up for fighting pac.

Comment

pac-jmm at 140lbs makes most sense, then pac-berto.
            defo not pac-mosley

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
              pac-jmm at 140lbs makes most sense, then pac-berto.
              defo not pac-mosley
              I agree for the most part, Pac JMM AT 140 would be better than Mosley but Pac picks and chooses certain fighters AT certain weight classes AT certain weights. Its the reason he demands that JMM fight at 147 yet Pac himself demanded that Cotto come in AT a catchweight for HIS WW title. All of a sudden Pac demands to fight only AT 147? How Ironic when he didn't even win his WW title AT 147.

JMM AT 140 is better than a 40 year old Mosley who hasn't won a fight in two years.

Berto AT 147 is better than JMM AT 147 where Pac is demanding the fight to take place at.

Berto is young, Prime(ish), undefeated, coming off a great win. Traits that Pac has avoided in a fighter for quit some time. Its the reason I want to see it. Berto is ONE of the top guys at WW. I think he's arguabley the #2 WW just under Mayweather since Pac moved "up" to "catch" a JMW title. Either way Berto is ranked top 3 at WW. Pac should be fighting the best. Mosley is not, JMM AT 147 is not, Clottey is not, Margarito is not.

As a fan of Pac its really disappointing yet I called this back when him and De La Hoya fought. I knew once he beat Hoya and the destroyed Hatton, the hype of fighting and beating Mayweather would begin. Yet Pac is avoiding fighters that are "too good" let alone "too great", so I dont believe him when he says he really wants the fight. I remember how he really avoided Mosley when he was #1 WW.... people LOVE, just LOVE to forget that.

imo Pac should be fighting.....

1. Mayweather AT 147 for the title of UNDISPUTED P4P #1
              2. Martinez AT 154 for JMW title
              3. Berto AT 147 to unify WW titles
              4. JMM AT 140
              5. Bradley/Alexander AT 140 or 147

This is the best fighting the best. Yet we wont get this due to Pac picking and choosing certain fighters AT certain weight classes AT certain weights.

Why do we hold such low standards for Pac?
              Last edited by WESS; 12-18-2010, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
                Bob Arum is polling USA TV's to state how popular is Berto among American audience.
                Arum declared that Berto is tough and he's a personality to be discovered. Next choice would be Shane Mosley.
                Here's the article:
                http://news.boxeringweb.net/componen...ora-berto.html
                Ricchione!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  I agree for the most part, Pac JMM AT 140 would be better than Mosley but Pac picks and chooses certain fighters AT certain weight classes AT certain weights. Its the reason he demands that JMM fight at 147 yet Pac himself demanded that Cotto come in AT a catchweight for HIS WW title. All of a sudden Pac demands to fight only AT 147? How Ironic when he didn't even win his WW title AT 147.

JMM AT 140 is better than a 40 year old Mosley who hasn't won a fight in two years.

Berto AT 147 is better than JMM AT 147 where Pac is demanding the fight to take place at.

Berto is young, Prime(ish), undefeated, coming off a great win. Traits that Pac has avoided in a fighter for quit some time. Its the reason I want to see it. Berto is ONE of the top guys at WW. I think he's arguabley the #2 WW just under Mayweather since Pac moved "up" to "catch" a JMW title. Either way Berto is ranked top 3 at WW. Pac should be fighting the best. Mosley is not, JMM AT 147 is not, Clottey is not, Margarito is not.

As a fan of Pac its really disappointing yet I called this back when him and De La Hoya fought. I knew once he beat Hoya and the destroyed Hatton, the hype of fighting and beating Mayweather would begin. Yet Pac is avoiding fighters that are "too good" let alone "too great", so I dont believe him when he says he really wants the fight. I remember how he really avoided Mosley when he was #1 WW.... people LOVE, just LOVE to forget that.

imo Pac should be fighting.....

1. Mayweather AT 147 for the title of UNDISPUTED P4P #1
                  2. Martinez AT 154 for JMW title
                  3. Berto AT 147 to unify WW titles
                  4. JMM AT 140
                  5. Bradley/Alexander AT 140 or 147

This is the best fighting the best. Yet we wont get this due to Pac picking and choosing certain fighters AT certain weight classes AT certain weights.

Why do we hold such low standards for Pac?
                  Great Post my friend.
                  I couldnt belive it when arum.roach started taking about a pac-shane fight, its ridicolous. Berto is unbeaten, young, and a WBC champ. As you say, JMM at 140lbs is a viable fight but we all know pac wnats no part of JMM at his best, thats why pac is offering a fight at 147lbs against him.

Truth is,pac is ducking and dodging

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                    Great Post my friend.
                    I couldnt belive it when arum.roach started taking about a pac-shane fight, its ridicolous. Berto is unbeaten, young, and a WBC champ. As you say, JMM at 140lbs is a viable fight but we all know pac wnats no part of JMM at his best, thats why pac is offering a fight at 147lbs against him.

Truth is,pac is ducking and dodging
                    Thanks.

No doubt about it! Pac wanting to fight Mosley NOW doesn't surprise me. What surprised me was him "selecting"/"demanding" JMM to fight at 147. I expected Pac to want to fight Mosley after not winning in over 2 years. I didn't see him demanding JMM to "move up" to 147 when he's not ranked at 147, holds a title at 147, won a fight at 147 or even looked good the one time he fought at 147/WW. It's even more disappointing and VERY contradicting on Pac's part to demand such a thing when he himself demanded to fight for a WW title at a catchweight that was less than 147.

Its even MORE disappointing that Pac had no problem fighting AT 147 vs a fighter who hadn't fought at WW in nearly 10 years but had a MAJOR, MAJOR problem with fighting Cotto at 147.

Another problem I have is that he didn't even weight 147 for his JMW title yet all of a sudden out from left field he demands to ONLY fight at 147 NOW? What about Cotto at 147 a few years back? What about Mosley a few years back? What about when talks fist when down with Mayweather he wanted it to be at a catchweight? Pac is ducking and dodging, picking and choosing certain fighters AT certain weight classes AT certain weights.

Pac fighting Mosley NOW, isn't even the worst part about it all...... Pac has lost most if not all my respect. I do not hold these lower standards on him like most people/fans do. Some willingly accept it while others are just blind even when presenting facts.

Its no secret that if Pac doesn't get HIS way, he threatens to walk, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto negotiations all had problems. Not to mention Mr Diva himself Mayweather. People love to point at Mayweather but ignore all the excuses and diversions Pac and his team did the first time around when TALKS where serious on both sides. The second time around to be fair I will blame Mayweather 100% for going on vacation as Pac proved he didn't want the fight the first time around. Just like he didn't want Mosley from 141-147. Just like he didn't want Cotto AT 147, just like he doesn't want JMM AT 140. Just like he doesn't want Martinez AT 154...... Let alone Berto, Bradley or Alexander (all undefeated).

Its such a shame. I blame a lot on Arum but still hold Pac just as responsible. Anwyay, I know I'm not telling you anything you dont already know!
                    Last edited by WESS; 12-18-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X