No announcement yet.

Slick african american style is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Well,the poblem is american black fighters tend to be overrated in our days because they dominated boxing before.

So,Berto,Williams,Bradley,Alexander,Dawson.
    I'm sorry but hey,they are,were, the most overrated fighters in the game,SO,non blacks are pissed.

I wasn't surprised AT ALL Kotelnik and Pascal HANDLED those 2 future "greats".
    I knew,Dawson always fed on slow flat footed fighters and was going to troubles with Pascal speed.
    Same for Kotelnik,the guy handled an hurricane like Maidana,he has a frustrating style and I knew,Alexander,who is more a puncher than a sweet Pernell would trouble like Maidana.
    Khan is 5.11 and the faster cat in the game.

Berto and Bradley,once they step up and stop fighting showtime caliber fighters will get KTFO.

WARD is the only real deal out there.

We always hear about Euro fighters being bum.

Look Froch,the guy has wins over Taylor,Pascal and Dirrell (a SD but not a so called robbery).
    He is called a flawed fighter,a bum,but if he had that slick style and was american,with a record like that,he would make the P4P lists.

You think all black fighters are overrated (Bradley, Berto,Dawson, Williams, Mayweather)so I wouldn't expect you to see it any differently. "Kotelnik was robbed but Dirrell wasn't." You're easy to see through. And Bradley has the best resume at 140 but you claim his opponents were just "showtime fighters" Don't try to pass your ignorance and bigotry on as facts.
    Last edited by Calilloyd; 08-19-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

1.Slick styles can be used by more than just African Americans

2.The way you describe Tzu, Castillo-Whitaker, and JLC shows you don't really know what you're talking about.

3.What's your point? Nobody ever said slick styles are unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        Slick pure boxers have always ruled boxing, brawlers always get whooped on and they have short careers that end with them having speech problems.
        yeah like tyson do, tyson got short career, gtfoh!

Comment

Jose luis Ramirez beat the "slick" Whitaker and Wilfredo River got robbed.
          Chavez chase Whitaker all night long, but he ran to fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
            You think all black fighters are overrated (Bradley, Berto,Dawson, Mayweather)so I wouldn't expect you to see it any differently. Kotelnik was robbed but Direll wasn't. You're easy to see through. And Bradley has the best resume at 140 but you claim his opponents were just "showtime fighters" Don't try to pass your ignorance and bigotry on as facts.
            I didn't say Mayweather is overrated,or ALL afro american fighters are overrated.
            I said,they TEND TO BE OVERRATED for some reasons,wich is obvious...
            The main reason is because they are americans,and HBO fighters.

Bradley better resume at 140??
            Well,it is the most overrated division in the game,and it's full of youngsters,so it doesn't make him P4P top 10,even not TOP 20.

And Kotelnik vs Alexander and Dirrell Froch are 2 differents fights.

Dirrell was clinching,*****ing,Kotelnik fought every seconds of the fight...

Kotelnik did enough,not Dirrell,but it's just my opinion.

Comment

who can forget the ultimate example of "slick" african american vs. "brawler" mexican: meldrick taylor vs. chavez.

despite poor taylor winning many rounds early on he paid a dear price and was destroyed for life.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                I didn't say Mayweather is overrated,or ALL afro american fighters are overrated.
                I said,they TEND TO BE OVERRATED for some reasons,wich is obvious...
                The main reason is because they are americans,and HBO fighters.

Bradley better resume at 140??
                Well,it is the most overrated division in the game,and it's full of youngsters,so it doesn't make him P4P top 10,even not TOP 20.

And Kotelnik vs Alexander and Dirrell Froch are 2 differents fights.

Dirrell was clinching,*****ing,Kotelnik fought every seconds of the fight...

Kotelnik did enough,not Dirrell,but it's just my opinion.

No he didn't and I thought he won the fight. But he did NOT fight every second of the fight. In fact, that was a criticism against him. That he didn't do enough. And who exactly is "overrating" these black fighters? Every fighter in boxing gets overrated by their fans. You have bigoted hang ups about black fighters as if they're exclusive when it comes to being overrated. I've read enough of your post to see through it. I don't know of any fighter more overrated than Edwin Valero. And Bradley's resume ****s all over Valero's. I've never seen you complain about that though. For obvious reasons. Dawson loses and now he "sucks" as if that was the only fight of his career. Khan got KTFO but you think he's the best at 140 over Bradley. Don't pretend like you're being objective because it's clear as day that you're not. And you claiming that the 140 pound divison has been overrated is just stupid. Name all of the better divisions.

Comment

Meldrick Taylor, slick?

Meldrick loved to mix it up...

Slick fighters don't get hit like that...unless we have a different definition of slick...

Comment

Im not sure who brought this thread back but i'm seeing alot of some blatant some inadvertant racist and reverse racist undertones here so let me clear something up.

I was probably drunk and did a bad job with the opening post but all i'm saying is that the "slick african american style" is a myth. There is no such thing as a "slick african american style". The mere term itself is reverse racist imo. It would be the equivalent of saying there's a stiff upright european style of fighting or a face first brawler mexican style. These things just simply dont exist in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by -EX- View Post
                      Meldrick Taylor, slick?

Meldrick loved to mix it up...

Slick fighters don't get hit like that...unless we have a different definition of slick...
                      Is the guy in ur sig the guy who i heard did a great job of emulating floyd mayweather's style for sparring for oscar delahoya???

Comment

Working...
                      X