Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a win over Yuri foreman,Miguel Cotto cements his name as a future hall of famer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt he will with a win in this fight.....maybe a couple more good/great opponents. I'm all for Cotto being a HOF....that just adds up to Pac's resume.

Comment

Miguels had a great career, better than most give him credit for but this win will not put him over the top. Although there are a ton of fighters in the hall who have less of a resume I feel that Miguel needs one more big fight or even two more big names. He should beat Berto down and one other fighter(maybe of a Martinez level). Then he would be in the hall. Considering how many people are taking Foreman though, Miguel should get loads of credit for this win.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
        wins over
        judah
        clottey
        quintana
        malinaggi
        torres
        mosley

nice wins no doubt but not sure if they're hall of fame worthy right now
        I agree, but the losses have to be taken into account as well. He did well against plasterito and Manny at least early, wasn't like 1 round KO's. I'd say he's in if he wins for the third belt and who knows, he might have another big fight or two if he gets in there with Marg and/or Pac/Floyd ever. Its possible from a Marg win with either of those two, his career isn't over, but I'd say he's right on the cusp to the HoF.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Miguels had a great career, better than most give him credit for but this win will not put him over the top. Although there are a ton of fighters in the hall who have less of a resume I feel that Miguel needs one more big fight or even two more big names. He should beat Berto down and one other fighter(maybe of a Martinez level). Then he would be in the hall. Considering how many people are taking Foreman though, Miguel should get loads of credit for this win.

You just said it yourself,"there are a ton of fighters in the hall who have less of a resume".

Cotto has enough established fighters,who fought,competed and won titles on a world class level, on his resume already.

You don't need to necessarily be an ATG to enter the hall of fame.

Comment

Not a chance in hell. he has to beat a Martinez/Williams level fighter at 154 to get into the hof.

Comment

He does have a very strong resume,including a win over a future hall of famer in Mosley.A foreman win would be a nice cherry on the top.

Comment

without question. Cotto fought everyone and lost to an ATG and a good fighter who prolly had loaded gloves(not proven).

Comment

Working...
                X