Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Floyd Sr's concern with Floyd fighting southpaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's because of the angle they throw their left hand.

Comment

Look dude u can hang on to Sr's dislike of southpaws, I guess thats your 1 sliver of hope, Unfortunately we already know Floyd knows exactly how to beat a southpaw

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
        It's pretty obvious. If you know what makes Floyd's defense so good then you would know why he says that. I would break it down, but Floyd fans aint trying to hear anything other than Floyd is invicible and Floyd is the greatest. I will say this though....he will never fight Martinez and I'm not sold on the Pac fight getting made, but in the case they do, then you will find out real quick.
        Ill try to break it down. I dont give a shiiit about *****s
        attacking me. I am a big fan of May.

This "shoulder roll" that every1 is referring to is just a component of the Philly Shell defense. In this shell, you position and set up more side ways than what is taught conventionally. Left hand hangs below lead shoulder to deflect body
        shots, other hand held up by chin to deflect hook, the lead shoulder with
        a twisting body motion will deflect straight punches with opponents lead hand. There is nothing to hit when an opponent is sideways. If you come forward
        in a str8 line he will lean dowm and get close to clinch (watch DLH
        fight).

It takes a lot of practice and finese for it to be done in May's level. BUT to fight elite lefties, you have to learn this setting
        up as south paw.

The key ofcourse is footwork to maintain body angles when
        opponent moves laterally and naturally godly reflexes and coordination.

Comment

Judah was able to land a few effective straight lefts on Floyd in their fight. The straight left is Pac's best weapon in his arsenal, and he throws it with conviction. Maybe this is what Floyd Sr is worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
            Quit pump fakin'. You been saying this for a minute, break it down. Who cares what others think about your opinion?
            Webb, you are one of the few Floyd's I actually like and respect. With that said, I'm not bull****tin when I say this but I actually use to be a Floyd fan back in the day and I have study him well. Am I an expert...hell no, but I have seen exactly why Sr. would say that.

Here is the problem though:

I'm so sick of Floyd fans that think Floyd is untoucable and makes no mistakes. On top of that, Floyd fans have very unreasonable and it will be like throwing a pearl to swine, so I will just stick to mind ****ing you guys with my comments. I actually want you guys to believe the hype on Floyd so when he gets dominated by Martinez and beat by Pacquiao....I can laugh my @ss off. No one is untouchable and everyone makes mistakes. As a long time Pac fan I know he has weakness as well. I accept that and I'm humble in the sense I know Mayweather could beat Manny, so if he does, I wouldn't be totally shocked. Floyd fans on the other hand are one of the worst fan bases I have ever ran across (with the exception of a select few like yourself and others).

Comment

Originally posted by MariusJin View Post
              Ill try to break it down. I dont give a shiiit about *****s
              attacking me. I am a big fan of May.

This "shoulder roll" that every1 is referring to is just a component of the Philly Shell defense. In this shell, you position and set up more side ways than what is taught conventionally. Left hand hangs below lead shoulder to deflect body
              shots, other hand held up by chin to deflect hook, the lead shoulder with
              a twisting body motion will deflect straight punches with opponents lead hand. There is nothing to hit when an opponent is sideways. If you come forward
              in a str8 line he will lean dowm and get close to clinch (watch DLH
              fight).

It takes a lot of practice and finese for it to be done in May's level. BUT to fight elite lefties, you have to learn this setting
              up as south paw.

The key ofcourse is footwork to maintain body angles when
              opponent moves laterally and naturally godly reflexes and coordination.

I could honestly give a **** about Floyd fans, but I don't like discussing things with unreasonable fans. Let them think Floyd is invicible. I garuantee Floyd will get his a$$ handed to him by Martinez

Comment

simple really floyd is more vulnerable. he can't use his shoulder roll. When he fights a good southpaw he always get hit alot more than when he fights a righty. Now how much more against one of the most awkward and one of the best southpaw ever. Floyd sr. knows whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                  Name me one orthodox fighter that likes to fight a southpaw.
                  Kostya tszyu, he used to **** them up

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    Nope there is a reason Sr. is saying that and I know Roach knows it as well. He has hinted to much at it, but unfortunately no one haven't caught onto it...but ohh well.
                    Bro hes his father. He doesnt like him being hit. Hes already said why.

There is no big mystery I been following Floyds whole career. His dad always felt that way.

No one likes fighting Lefties. No one.

Comment

Funny: when floyd sr raises questions about floyd fighting southpaws what he says is truth and gospel. Yet when he says manny is using PED's he is a crackhead liar. FYI, floyd is undefeated vs southpaws just like manny has never tested positive.

Comment

Working...
                      X