Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bernard Hopkins refuses to retire..what's next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Come on, let's not use the size thing. Bute fought at LH for about half his career and is 6'2. Fighting at 170 wouldn't be a factor and bute would still be the heavy favorite.

Who else is there at light heavyweight?

Glen Johnson - already beat him and/or may have fight with Tavoris Cloud
    Antonio Tarver - already beat him
    Jean Pascal - sheduled to fight dawson.
    Tavoris Cloud - M.I.A and/or may have fight with Glen Johnson

I don't see anyone.

the two choices I see for hopkins at this point are:

Bute in Canada, soon.
    Dawson at end of year/early 2011.

That's basically it. People say James Toney. He has a contract with UFC and cannot box while under contract.

Who else?? Danny Green?
    He could easily beat the crap out of Danny Green and easy payday. IMO
    Green isn't a guy coming up in weight to face him.

OUT OF HOPKINS' LAST 5 FIGHTS.....4 dudes had to come up in weight. FOUR!!!! 3 of those guys had to come up 10+. He's getting away with **** like that and fans like you praise it. **** that!!

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      same garbage story with hopkins....talks about fighting dawson, haye, the klitchkos, etc., but in reality he's lining up another shot fighter or two divisions smaller fighter who is a real draw...i don't see how this guy has any fans except for NASA666...
      So Bute is a shot fighter that's two divisions smaller then him? Really, that's quite amazing tell us more

Comment

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact hopkins DID in fact want to figth Haye, at heavyweight for his title after the jones fight and haye declined.

Whether or not hopkins would have got his ass kicked is not in question, simply correcting your error.
        Ive read your post above about the other LH and other possible fights for bhop out there. After seeing those names, theres only two names that could be potential fights.

Dawson - even though he sells no tix
        Danny Green

Or he could just retire

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
          IF Haye agreed to the bhop fight, Haye would batter him. Then after the fight, everyone would say, why is haye picking on bhop, a LH when theres the klits wating to fight him.

Im not in favour of bhop calling out SMW
          What does that have to do with what you said?

Nothing.

Oh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            He could easily beat the crap out of Danny Green and easy payday. IMO
            Green isn't a guy coming up in weight to face him.
            I have no problem with that fight but I doubt hopkins would go to Australia to fight him, so it seems unlikely since Green isn't a draw anywhere else.

OUT OF HOPKINS' LAST 5 FIGHTS.....4 dudes had to come up in weight. FOUR!!!! 3 of those guys had to come up 10+. He's getting away with **** like that and fans like you praise it. **** that!!
            ahh, you make it sound worse than it is. Winky and his tune up fights you can disregard. Pavlik was a great win, everyone knows it. Calzaghe was moving to 175 with our without hopkins, that was his plan to leave 168 as he was killing himself to make weight, that's well documented.

Hopkins has been about the best fights possible and money. He's at 175. There are no big names above him, if they were he'd be fighting them.

Comment

So Bute is a shot fighter that's two divisions smaller then him? Really, that's quite amazing tell us more

he's a f'ing supermiddleweight...why can't this guy make a fight with a legit lightheavy or cruiserweight...he's been a lightheavy for what? 6 years now?

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                Ive read your post above about the other LH and other possible fights for bhop out there. After seeing those names, theres only two names that could be potential fights.

Dawson - even though he sells no tix
                Danny Green

Or he could just retire
                For the record I want him to retire. I thought he should have after the Pavlik fight.

What's wrong with bute though, seriously? I don't understand the beef with this fight for a 45 year old man that looked lousy in his last fight. Ya'll acting like Bute is some chump, he's the Ring's #1 SMW and he's undefeated. Is it really about weight, seriously? Bute moving up 2 whole pounds is going to ruin him, really??

Comment

I have no problem with that fight but I doubt hopkins would go to Australia to fight him, so it seems unlikely since Green isn't a draw anywhere else.

Hopkins has been about the best fights possible and money. He's at 175. There are no big names above him, if they were he'd be fighting them.

anyone else besides me see these as typical hopkins excuses..

Comment

ahh, you make it sound worse than it is. Winky and his tune up fights you can disregard. Pavlik was a great win, everyone knows it. Calzaghe was moving to 175 with our without hopkins, that was his plan to leave 168 as he was killing himself to make weight, that's well documented.

Make it sound worse?? Not really. I just call it how it is and that's how I see it. Pavlik wasn't a great win. Going over 10+ and being out weigh by just as much if not more on fight night.
                    And look what happened when Calzaghe who was closer to his weight?? Hopkins couldn't bully him around.

Best possible fights?? Give me a break kid.

Comment

I agre with that sentence, but still it doesnt justify why bhop cant fight dawson. Dawson has beat all the LH's out there who were willing to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X