Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Pacquiao's Recent Choices Sink His Own Lawsuit Before It Gets Off The Ground?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
    I was throwing this around in my head just now, and I think one card Team May and GBP will play to the court in their defense of this defamation suit is integrity.

"Is Manny Pacquiao an honest person?", they will most probably bring forward.

Though they more than likely don't have physical evidence that Pacman is on PEDS, they might argue that they have anecdotal evidence that might suggest it isn't something that's beyond him given his recent choices.

- Adultery.

- Keeping the company of shady politicians from his home country considering his own political aspirations to serve as a man of the people.

- Questionable statements coming from Team Pac regarding the blood testing stipulation in the contract with Floyd and why Manny won't test, etc.

I wonder if all Team May and GB have to do is create doubt as to whether Manny can be trusted that he isn't on PEDS, rather than to counter the suit with a matter of fact that he is.

I'm not familiar with the law, but it came across to me as a sensible argument. I'm not saying it's a winning argument though, I'm not familiar with the law as I stated.

I do think though from a layman perspective that Pac just might have a hard time here because if I read right, apparently he has to prove that Team May and GB know that their insinuations and accusations are false when it comes to the PED issue. When you mix in the holes in NSAC testing with the integrity argument above, I'm curious as to if the lawsuit will be successful now.[COLOR="DarkRed"]

I initially thought it was a slam dunk after the libelous quotes from May Sr. Jr. and Roger, but proving their motivation is malicious and that they know their claims aren't true might end up being the mountain that Pac's legal team might have too much trouble with.
    The Mayweather and Associates' court case defense is pretty much a "Lost Cause" at this point and such further attempts to bring forth more false allegations and speculations into this case will further hurt their defense. I would guess that Team Mayweather's lawyers are trying to figure out what the financial damage will be from all of this and are more than likely pouring over case law pertaining to defamation lawsuits looking for some sort of "Saving Grace" which I really don't see coming. It's not a matter of how they plan to win this case but as to how they plan to salvage what monies and assets that will be in jeopardy. JAT

Comment

I'm looking at possible counterpoints in this case. I like the chess aspect of it. I'm not interested in yours or Team Mayweather cheerleading. Go somewhere else with that.

Comment

Manny is idiotic for doing this.

His freaking strength coach is on trial right now for dealing steroids to athletes. If he doesnt want to get dragged into that mess he better withdraw the suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post

His freaking strength coach is on trial right now for dealing steroids to athletes. If he doesnt want to get dragged into that mess he better withdraw the suit.
          What???

Link?

Comment

I was throwing this around in my head just now, and I think one card Team May and GBP will play to the court in their defense of this defamation suit is integrity.

"Is Manny Pacquiao an honest person?", they will most probably bring forward.

Though they more than likely don't have physical evidence that Pacman is on PEDS, they might argue that they have anecdotal evidence that might suggest it isn't something that's beyond him given his recent choices.

- Adultery.

- Keeping the company of shady politicians from his home country considering his own political aspirations to serve as a man of the people.

- Questionable statements coming from Team Pac regarding the blood testing stipulation in the contract with Floyd and why Manny won't test, etc.

I wonder if all Team May and GB have to do is create doubt as to whether Manny can be trusted that he isn't on PEDS, rather than to counter the suit with a matter of fact that he is.

I'm not familiar with the law, but it came across to me as a sensible argument. I'm not saying it's a winning argument though, I'm not familiar with the law as I stated.

I do think though from a layman perspective that Pac just might have a hard time here because if I read right, apparently he has to prove that Team May and GB know that their insinuations and accusations are false when it comes to the PED issue. When you mix in the holes in NSAC testing with the integrity argument above, I'm curious as to if the lawsuit will be successful now.

I initially thought it was a slam dunk after the libelous quotes from May Sr. Jr. and Roger, but proving their motivation is malicious and that they know their claims aren't true might end up being the mountain that Pac's legal team might have too much trouble with.
            OMG! What the **** is anectodal evidence?

Adultery and keeping company with shady politicians don't mean **** in this case. And how do you define "shady" in the courtroom by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by SCUD. View Post
              OMG! What the **** is anectodal evidence?

Adultery and keeping company with shady politicians don't mean **** in this case. And how do you define "shady" in the courtroom by the way?
              If you make an integrity argument it does, the defense will most likley aim to cast doubt on the plaintiff if they don't have hard evidence. That's if that jives with the court anyway. Anectodal evidence is observational.

Shady i.e. corrupt.

Comment

If you make an integrity argument it does. Anectodal evidence is observational.

Shady i.e. corrupt.
                Oooohhhh... you mean to say just because he is in company of "SHADY" politicians GBP has ANECTODAL evidence against Pacquiao?

Oh wait, have you ever heard of PRESUMPTION of inocence?

Comment

Originally posted by SCUD. View Post
                  Oooohhhh... you mean to say just because he is in company of "SHADY" politicians GBP has ANECTODAL evidence against Pacquiao?

Oh wait, have you ever heard of PRESUMPTION of inocence?
                  The defense would play that angle if they have to. Remember, their job is to get the defendants off not try and win it for Pacman. Deflection is the game.

Comment

The defense would play that angle if they have to. Remember, their job is to get the defendants off not try and win it for Pacman. Deflection is the game.
                    Then their defense is weak and that's a sure loss if they do that. First, Pacquiao has test records to prove he's NEGATIVE of drugs. Second, GBP can not force Pacquiao to take the damn test as he is covered with the Right Against Self Incrimination. Yes, you can speculate all you want but that doesn't prove a thing in court.

Comment

So to defend themselves from a defamation lawsuit they'll bring up rumor and gossip that Pac is cheating on his wife? That makes perfect sense. You should become a lawyer

Originally posted by Soir View Post

That Balco article is a fake. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X