Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if god is everything, he is half evil also, right?

also, i am just slightly amazed that there are 60+ pages about what group of drunks apparently written about me a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
      Render unto Ceasar doesn't mean vote for Ceasar. It doesn't even mean agree with ceasar. Get your bible out and read it.
      It means keep religion the **** out of politics.

Comment

• Evolution isn't possible unless there is an increase in DNA. There isn't a single shred of evidence that this has ever occured. Micro-evolution is a reshuffling of dna within a species. Creationists and Christians admit this happens, but we don't believe in Macro-evolution which is an increase of dna, where one species evolves into another one. This has NEVER happend. That's darwinian evolution and it's simply false. Even darwin became a Christian on his deathbed.

RICHARD DAWKINS STUMPED AT QUESTION OF INCREASE IN DNA:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g

Richard Dawkins stumped when asked for an example of where a mutation increased the information content of a genome. Watch it for yourself.

The hidden truth is that creation and intelligent design scientists challege evolutionary scientists to public debate, but the evolutionist refuse to debate them out of fear. They can't answer many of the questions and it exposes their deception.

If Down's syndrome was his only example, he's really digging himself into a hole. The simple addition of one chromosome through a DNA copying error which results in a handicappped offspring does not constitute and increase in genetic information, but a decrease. What I'm saying is the the absolute number of total base pairs is not a measure of how much genetic information is there.

Comment

• Frodo, Pavlik vs Hopkins, who takes it?

Hopkins is a Muslim, so will God count that against him in your opinion?

Was Maradona really helped by God? I always thought he was just a cheating piece of ****, but if you gave confirmation one way or the other I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Evolution isn't possible unless there is an increase in DNA. There isn't a single shred of evidence that this has ever occured. Micro-evolution is a reshuffling of dna within a species. Creationists and Christians admit this happens, but we don't believe in Macro-evolution which is an increase of dna, where one species evolves into another one. This has NEVER happend. That's darwinian evolution and it's simply false.
            Define "increase in DNA" first. What does that even mean? Every time a cell multiplies (mitosis) the amount of DNA increases. That's what replication means. When a baby is conceived their DNA increases as they grow. Or are you suggesting that all of Shaquille O'Neal's bodily DNA was provided by the single sperm and ovum coupling that resulted in his conception?

I suspect not. I suspect you really don't know what you mean, I suspect you pulled some inane pseudoscientific nonsense from a fundamentalist website and put it on here in an attempt to stump people. The truth is that the way this particular chestnut is worded makes no sense. What I suspect you're angling at is this debunked notion that you cannot increase the information in DNA. It is confused with the second law of thermodynamics to create an idea that you can't increase information due to entropy, even if entropy deals in energy, not information. This hackneyed bull**** is not even novel. The question is tackled in depth here:

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/feb01.html

Even darwin became a Christian on his deathbed.
            Darwin took a philosophical attitude to religion and largely described himself as agnostic. He was nominally Christian all his life as most people were in British society at the time. You're alluding to the claim that he renounced his work on evolution on his death bed made by evangelist Lady Hope. This is untrue. Contemporary witnesses including Darwin's daughter Henrietta stated that this was a complete fabrication and that Lady Hope had been nowhere near Darwin's deathbed.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hope.html

Besides which it didn't matter if Darwin converted to the holy church of Dick Whittington's magical talking pussy, it wouldn't affect the efficacy or the veracity of his theory. Science doesn't work like that.

RICHARD DAWKINS STUMPED AT QUESTION OF INCREASE IN DNA:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g

Richard Dawkins stumped when asked for an example of where a mutation increased the information content of a genome. Watch it for yourself.
            Want to read Dawkins' response?

http://www.skeptics.com.au/articles/dawkins.htm

The hidden truth is that creation and intelligent design scientists challege evolutionary scientists to public debate, but the evolutionist refuse to debate them out of fear. They can't answer many of the questions and it exposes their deception.
            Scientific debate is conducted in peer review papers, not public forums. There is good reason for this: A good researcher is not necessarily a good speaker, but a good pastor has to be. It's their job. Scientific debate has nothing to do with soundbites, conjecture or making a convincing sounding argument. Scientific debate lives and dies by dispassionate review of the evidence, not by sounding convincing. To add to the scientists' woes a lot of concepts in a scientific rebuttal require at least a basic understanding of the concepts to be comprehensible. So while the religious speaker is making statements like "How can information increase in the Genome? Isn't God a better explanation?" the scientist is struggling with a five minute explanation of what "increase in information of the genome" means (probably starting with explaining what a "genome" is) and loses all momentum.

Furthermore these public debates are usually initiated by church groups who intentionally restrict access to the debate to fill the auditorium with their own cheerleaders, and the format of the debates is usually less than impartial. There is an in-depth account of a public debate of the nature you describe in the link below:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/debate-rob-day.html

If Down's syndrome was his only example, he's really digging himself into a hole. The simple addition of one chromosome through a DNA copying error which results in a handicappped offspring does not constitute and increase in genetic information, but a decrease. What I'm saying is the the absolute number of total base pairs is not a measure of how much genetic information is there.
            Abraham Lincoln once said "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" and you have provided a perfect example here. This expertly demonstrates that you do not understand what "increase in information in the genome" means.

Of course you could prove me wrong. Explain what you (or your creationist website) mean by "increase in DNA" and perhaps we can get somewhere. But be careful, increasing your education may just decrease your superstition. You wouldn't want to end up in Hell.

Comment

ARE YOU 100% SURE .....
              ....Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
              Froddo,
              It's good that your doing your best to spread the gosple.
              But don't think you have to keep answering all this rebellious posting in order to preserve the faith.

The world has 1000's of reason to not believe or seek God. And a 1000 more alternatives to believe including their own philosophies. All the posts up to this point prove that. You can NEVER argue ANYONE into the kingdom! The Gosple is for those who are SEEKING, not those who want to ARGUE against it.
              As we grow up our thoughts, ideas, and philosophies solidify and it becomes hard to change our way of thinking. That's why Christ said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 18:3.
              But Scripture like this is disgusting to those who want to bend truth to the way they live.

There's a reason Christ spoke in parables in public. No one listening understood what the parables meant, so those eager to learn would have to question him later in private. It was a way to weed out those who were looking for arguments. Even in his day there were people like today - Skeptics looking to prove their skepticism.

I don't fully agree with your "formula" to get to heaven. But I believe it's along the right lines, cause Christ said, "I am the way the truth and the light, no man comes to [God] the Father except through me". John 14:6
              You're explanation shows only half of what the Bible is for. Yes, the Bible is good preparation for dying, but it's ALSO a book for LIVING!

Christianity is a Lifestyle and Relationship with God, not a dry religion.

Did you notice how Job questioned God for his misery throughout 40+ chapters and in the end God puts Job in his place, and NEVER answers any of Job's questions? And in conclusion Job was satisfied. It's because God is not accountable to us, we're accountable to Him. Answering any of Jobs questions would've started an argument, which wasn't God's will.

My point is, make yourself available for those who are seeking, instead of waisting time with those who are only looking to argue. If you're "Christian" or "Christ-like", act like Christ in this and focus your energy guiding those who are seeking God rather than rebelling against Him.

What's more effective, a billboard advertisement or your best friend's word of mouth? Your best friend has more influence on you because you know who he is. These people don't know you, so chances are, you won't have influence on them. To them, you're just a "billboard". And they're skeptical of the "product". If you post an "ad" like this, open your "customer service lines" to answer questions, cause "hard-selling telemarketing", where you argue to "sell", is a lot less appealing.

Comment

• Accept Islam for your salvation.

Comment

• Originally posted by riera View Post
                  Accept Islam for your salvation.
                  No. You're really pissing Poseidon off by posting this ****. You'll see, you fool.

Comment

• According to the current translation of the bible, if you are a bully and a manipulative prick, you will go to heaven. **** that man. I will tell the devil to kiss my mother ****ing ass and then kick his ass with the power of Jesus Christ and take over hell and make it a decent place for good people and a horrible place for social conservatives, and hurt them bad. Torment them forever. Let them know what it is like to live a continual life of manipulative conservative torment. They do not understand the torment they bring on people in life, they need to learn a eternal lesson. They need to pay for their anti scientific anti founding document sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymousboxing View Post
                      Froddo,
                      As we grow up our thoughts, ideas, and philosophies solidify and it becomes hard to change our way of thinking. That's why Christ said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 18:3.
                      But Scripture like this is disgusting to those who want to bend truth to the way they live.
                      That passage is a strange one. Children are easily led, and are vunerable niave. Doing as they are told and taught not to question authority.
                      Children do as they wish and need supervision, they dont understand how to look after themselves.
                      This is surely not the way adults should be?

There's a reason Christ spoke in parables in public. No one listening understood what the parables meant, so those eager to learn would have to question him later in private. It was a way to weed out those who were looking for arguments. Even in his day there were people like today - Skeptics looking to prove their skepticism.
                      Jesus purposefully spoke so that no one would understand??
                      What about those who werent eager to learn BECAUSE they didnt understand? That seems to be the problem most of the time. People ask "why should i read the bible?"
                      Skepticism IMO is a healthy part of inquiry and intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                      X