Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Paul Willians be no.1 in the Welterweight had he fought like Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    lol...don't have to pretend, and stop putting words in my mouth dude, i said its a style matchup that Floyd has avoided and that is a legit argument whether ya like it, or not
    No it isn't a legit argument because The style you claim could beat Floyd wasn't employed by Williams.

If you say Hearns may have beat Floyd, ok. If you say Floyd might have a problem with a taller fighter with longer reach than fights "tall and long" ok.

What you are posting is not legit because no fighter possessed those attributes while fighting the style you describe when Floyd was at WW, so there is no way he "avoided that style".

Comment

What makes people think Khan could beat Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        Khan couldn't outbox Floyd.

Who would you favor?
        who has khan not outboxed is the question..., and @ welter, Floyd isn't holding Danny Garcia type one punch power either...

i say Floyd, but there's a good reason why he fought Maidana instead of Khan...Floyd was his worst in Maidana 1 when that, had he not welched on his own public poll, could have been Khan...

with Khan, its the possibility with Khan's speed and boxing ability, Floyd would have to go toe to toe to get that w, and he only wanted easy fights at that stage of his career...insert Khan in place of Maidana for Floyd Maidana 1 and get back at me...

Comment

who has khan not outboxed is the question..., and @ welter, Floyd isn't holding Danny Garcia type one punch power either...

i say Floyd, but there's a good reason why he fought Maidana instead of Khan...Floyd was his worst in Maidana 1 when that, had he not welched on his own public poll, could have been Khan...

with Khan, its the possibility with Khan's speed and boxing ability, Floyd would have to go toe to toe to get that w, and he only wanted easy fights at that stage of his career...insert Khan in place of Maidana for Floyd Maidana 1 and get back at me...
          Khan doesn't have much boxing ability. He makes amateur mistakes.

What happens when Floyd times him?

Comment

correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Floyd Mayweather Jr., take a vacation in 2007 when Paul Williams, was at his most relevant and @ welterweight?, and didn't, Floyd Mayweather Jr., return to boxing in 2009 after it was safe to say that, Paul Williams was moving up to Junior Middleweight and actually fought Winky Wright @ 160, in 2009
            paul Williams was not very technically sound, great heart, very exciting but he was too sloppy. are u one that actually think m,arg and pwill would have beaten him??? if Floyd fought and beat marg and paul will you all would say they were bums anyway.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...t-asks-twitter

Kahn won this poll recently. Is Manny fighting him next?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                No it isn't a legit argument because The style you claim could beat Floyd wasn't employed by Williams.

If you say Hearns may have beat Floyd, ok. If you say Floyd might have a problem with a taller fighter with longer reach than fights "tall and long" ok.

What you are posting is not legit because no fighter possessed those attributes while fighting the style you describe when Floyd was at WW, so there is no way he "avoided that style".
                @ ww are you crazy or are you cats so Floyd drunk you driving off the road..was williams a hearns clone?
                no... you talking about tommy hearns is a f**king top 10 all time ww,

but, Williams, for this era of boxers, would have been a threat just with the style he had, he didn't need to be hearns or nobody, he was a good solid ww that a lot of cats avoided.... jabbed non-stop, threw combinations non stop...had real good stamina...what the f**k are you talking about...he would have given Floyd massive problems just being a natural ww, not a guy who had to grow into the weight like pac or cotto or shane...

plus he was a beltholder that a lot of cats put in the high risk low reward category in 2007....including Floyd Money
                Last edited by djtmal; 02-17-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I would be the #1 welterweight if I fought like Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    paul Williams was not very technically sound, great heart, very exciting but he was too sloppy. are u one that actually think m,arg and pwill would have beaten him??? if Floyd fought and beat marg and paul will you all would say they were bums anyway.
                    when fighters from the same era, same weightclass, both prime, for some reason don't fight each other, i am not of the cloth that automatically assumes that one guy beats the other so easily, just because his fanboys say so, and I am unmoved by the myriad of excuses for why the fights were not made...

to answer your question direct, they both would be 50/50 fights, not the usual mayweather 10-1 odds favorite, so had Floyd mayweather, beat paul Williams and Antonio margarito, i would have given him some serious credit, because both paul Williams, and Antonio margarito, were at their prime @ ww, and two of the most avoided and feared fighters at their peak, but he didn't, so I can't, and I don't entertain excuses.
                    Last edited by djtmal; 02-17-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      Khan doesn't have much boxing ability. He makes amateur mistakes.

What happens when Floyd times him?
                      i think he boxes a little bit better than you are giving him credit for, but yeah the magic question is what happens when Floyd times him...i say if his chin holds up, Floyd's gotta put in some more work, but if not, good night the way hatton got iced...

Comment

Working...
                      X