Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Chilemba is far from Ward though and Kovalev knows it. I wouldn't put too much stock into that but I do see what you are getting at.

I'd say Kovalev was just forcing his plan in that fight but I don't believe for a second he would do that against Ward.

The other side of the coin is that Ward hasn't fought anyone like Kovalev before either. People like to point to Froch but other than power/chin/heart/killer instinct, Froch and Kovalev are nothing alike, especially stylistically. I still feel it's a genuine 50/50 fight
    I'm holding onto hope that's the case. That he truly brings another level, no TWO, above what we've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I'm holding onto hope that's the case. That he truly brings another level, no TWO, above what we've seen.
      I just want to see two titans leave it all in the ring.

Clean, crisp, punches with full steam in combinations. Smooth slips and rolls, pivots and weaves. Heads in chests. Shoe shines to the body.

Ripping, stinging counters. Wide open cuts. mouses on faces. Hearts tested. Courage questioned. Corner gameplans exhaused.

A battle of atrition, a war of mind and fist, two savants, cut from that old school cloth.

A war for the ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Where did all the Kovalev backers go? As the fight gets closer i see less of these guys claiming Kovalev wins.
        Who has not shown up backing Kovalev?

Comment

• Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
          "My boy" Boone...

Comment

• Interestingly bleacher report are picking SK via decision. They usually go with US fighters..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-fight/page/9

Comment

• Less than two weeks away baby! we ready for a new American unified champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                Interestingly bleacher report are picking SK via decision. They usually go with US fighters..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-fight/page/9
                ... "it goes like this:

Anything can happen.

(...)

Sergey Kovalev will win this fight, and he'll do it by decision."

... tbh, I don't see this fight reaching a "decision" after 12 rounds into the ring...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... "it goes like this:

Anything can happen.

(...)

Sergey Kovalev will win this fight, and he'll do it by decision."

... tbh, I don't see this fight reaching a "decision" after 12 rounds into the ring...
                  Me neither.

Ward is crafty, but he does get hit. He doesn't get hit a lot, but Krusher doesn't need a lot of hits to take you out. Just one is usually enough to either end it right then or hurt the opponent too much for them to recover and get themselves back into the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Me neither.

Ward is crafty, but he does get hit. He doesn't get hit a lot, but Krusher doesn't need a lot of hits to take you out. Just one is usually enough to either end it right then or hurt the opponent too much for them to recover and get themselves back into the fight.
                    By saying that I don't see this fight reaching a "decision" after 12 rounds into the ring may also mean that Ward would be able to "sink" the fight into a ND or whatever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Though I don't see it being likely, I do feel it's a possibility. Reason being, when great fighters hit a wall, they hit hard. We've seen many undefeated fighters get stumped> frustrated> tired> then susceptible to being finished.

I was expecting Kovalev to be cooking up a brilliant gameplan that might neutralise Ward but after seeing the JDJ interviews, I'm leaning toward Ward even heavier. Kovalev is going to go with what always worked for him, and when that's not enough, he's going to hit that wall. Not to over simplify Kovalev, because he is a smart fighter, but that's the difference between these two; one is a hammer and the other is a Swiss army knife.
                      The jdj interview made me lean more towards ward to. Hammer an swiiss army great way to put it. I think ward adapts well

Comment

Working...
                      X