Collapse
No announcement yet.

When assesing a fighters resume loses count to, DUH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course they do and why wouldn't they? Even though some might be pre or post prime when they lose, they still lost. Doesn't take away from their great wins though

Comment

Regardless of where your loss/losses comes in your career, i always rate a fighter when they show they can come back from a loss even stronger or beat the person that beat them. It shows real mental strength, character and is the sign of a great champion when you go from having everything to being nothing but you still have the drive to get back to the top.

Undefeated records don't impress me, i like fighters like Mayweather and Calzaghe but there's always been people out there who they could have faced but did not want to step up to the challenge. It's not even the fact that i want to see them beat, if you put anyone against Mayweather he would probably beat them, but it's more about the fact that he didn't want the challenge (Cotto & Margarito) and that shows a lot about him as a fighter, money over legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
        Of course they do and why wouldn't they? Even though some might be pre or post prime when they lose, they still lost. Doesn't take away from their great wins though
        This is a post I agree with.

Comment

Of course losses count. If they didn't then how can you count anyone's wins? They had to defeat somebody. When assessing someone's resume you look at everything. Having a loss isn't the end all, be all, but it certainly has to be accounted for when comparing resumes.

I understand why OP made this thread though he could be trolling. It's because of the butthurt posters on here who whine about Mayweather's opposition and his "loss" to Castillo to downplay his resume while forgetting that Pacquiao has lost at every level of his career against a variety of opponents.

Comment

Its not black and white

Close disputed losses are obviously more favourable to a fighters resume compared to clear losses

Looking at whether the fighter was in prime is important too

If prime roy jones lost to tarver we wouldnt be holding roy in such high regard

Comment

Working...
            X