Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
      Undefeated in over 500 amateur fights including major tournaments like the olympics

Undefeated as a pro including world titles and the super 6

Wins over Hall Of Famers like Froch, Kessler, Abraham, Dawson, Barerra, Kovalev, Allen Green and more

Never lost a round as a pro

Utterly schools and destroys his opponents.

Imo his career is close to floyds, if he eats Kovalev he overtakes floyd and must be in the discussion
      The GOAT is a phrase that is thrown around on boxing message boards and twitter, but the truth is no fighter, past or present deserves to be called the GOAT.

If Ward beats Kovalev, he should be considered the best fighters in the 168-175 pound range in the last 20 years (since Roy Jones dominated those divisions). That is about all you can say about Ward.

Comment

I think he will be

Comment

I'd give Ward a lot of credit if he beats Kovalev but the idea of any fighter being the GOAT is too ridiculous to even entertain. The concept of a GOAT is hilariously juvenile but if Andre grows a goatee and beats Kovalev then I would be willing to reconsider. haha

Comment

GOAT?

A+ troll thread

Comment

Undefeated in over 500 amateur fights including major tournaments like the olympics

Wins over Hall Of Famers like Froch, Kessler, Abraham, Dawson, Barerra, Kovalev, Allen Green and more

Imo his career is close to floyds, if he eats Kovalev he overtakes floyd and must be in the discussion
              No, just like we won't give Kovalev credit as the GOAT when he beats Ward

Comment

First, Andre Ward wasn't in 500 amateur fights; he was in less than a third of that number, though dominant as a US amateur, eventually becoming Olympic champion.

Secondly, he's going to need to also knock of Adonis Stevenson (to leave no doubt, imo). Being 168 kingpin, followed by being 175 kingpin, with the outside possibility of going up even further (though, physically, I think Ward's just about peaked out on his mass being in those mid 180s; any weight beyond that would likely be in trade off to his speed), on top of his already established resume would put him in the conversation for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  First, Andre Ward wasn't in 500 amateur fights; he was in less than a third of that number, though dominant as a US amateur, eventually becoming Olympic champion.

Secondly, he's going to need to also knock of Adonis Stevenson (to leave no doubt, imo). Being 168 kingpin, followed by being 175 kingpin, with the outside possibility of going up even further (though, physically, I think Ward's just about peaked out on his mass being in those mid 180s; any weight beyond that would likely be in trade off to his speed), on top of his already established resume would put him in the conversation for sure.
                  No it wouldn't, clown. As of right now he's got 1 HOF scalp, a not so talented tryer Froch, apparently a cherry pick for a hypejob MW

Comment

I think you mean if Ward beats Kovalev. It hasn't happened FYI.

Comment

Working...
                    X