Dwyer: "I don't want to see a cherrypicker wearing a TBE hat"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
      Look at this video, Freddie Roach talking to Brian Kenny. Skip to 4 30. Roach says that there is no way that Floyd would fight Mosley or Berto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQsHMN1B_bg

I am not using Victor Ortiz to say Floyd has the greatest skill set ever. Nor do i believe Floyd has the greatest skill set ever. That right there is subjective. I just wanted to make it clear that Ortiz was a legit WW threat when Floyd fought him. We are witnissing something truly special right now, it's a shame some of you guys are blinded by hate and bias opinions.
      I didn't see Ortiz as a threat at all honestly.

I don't go by who said Floyd was scared to fight honestly, because I can come to that conclusion myself.

I go by who guys fought, and when they fought them. I've watched all of Floyd's fights. I know there where guys he could have fought who could have provided much stiffer tests than the fights he made. Floyd says he doesn't duck and dodge nobody, but always ducks and dodges the Pacquaio questions. Go figure.

Great skill sets are tested to the limit. The reason people mention prime shane, pac, cotto, Margarito is because those are the fights and fighters everybody felt would have given prime floyd his stiffest tests. Not Baldmir, not Zab, not Ortiz, Guerrero or an inflated Marquez.

Simply put he didn't make those fights for whatever reason, and didn't seem to mind much about it. So when he and his fans say crazy stuff like the best ever, it really will be challenged with more than just the normal rhetoric.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
        How is he cherrypicking if there's a handful of people who said Maidana won the fight, or at the very least made it competitive?

Like Floyd himself said, he's fighting the critics 99% of the time.

These people make no sense. He only fights champions/#1 guy in his division coming off of big wins. How on earth could that be labeled cherry picking?

On the other hand, Algeri?
        Floyd already beat maidana..

floyd should be fighting porter or manny

and then you say Algieri??? isnt algieri an undefeated champ coming off his biggest win....

LMAO you have such double standards, not wonder your such an idiot, just looking at your avi i can tell your an idiot, and your posts continually reaffirm that belief...

and for the record, algieri doesnt deserve a manny fight,, but lets not act like floyd doesnt do the exact same matchmaking,,

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          [QUOson you kaMan;14794546]GTFO!!! Thats not being fair. All of those fighters wanted and tried to be elusive. They just SUCK at it in comparison to Floyd. Floyd will stand in front of you and walk you down without being hissed.

Skill for skill, those fighters look like BUMS and thats being fair.
          Wow so you you mean to tell me ali, hearns, hagler, srl have never put on a boxing masterpiece or 3 in their entire careers?...none of these guys claimed to be defensive genius' mind you....yet you categorize them as bums because thats floyd's m.o.?

...please name this murderers row of fighters that floyd has walked down and ko'd without getting touched for 12 rounds please....i will give you ricky hatton[/QUOTE]
          They have put on masterpieces. But EVERY Floyd fight has consistently been a masterful display. Not just one ATG performance. You go and read articles about every past Floyd fight and its always "masterful".

And Floyd didnt walk down every fighter he faced. And its not all about just walking them down or avoiding shots. Its him changing his entire fighting style and dominating everyone without being hissed by a single shot.

And Whitaker isnt a bum. He's just a bum compared to Floyd. And STOP LYING about him ranking higher than Floyd. He's a great defensive fighter but he aint Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Floyd tested his skills against that future top 10 atg Victor Ortiz. He
            MUST be the greatest. Lmao!
            At the time Floyd fought Ortiz, he wasnt anything like the bum he is today. He was bg af, southpaw, in his prime and Floyd fought him with Zero hesitation.

Comment

• Its like everyday these pac man fanatics (im a fan myself) post these kind of threads amongst outrageous post just so they can feel better about pac mans upcoming fight and or when he was koed flat on the mat!!!!!

Comment

• Everybody calls floyd a fraud and a coward; is it really a coincidence? There is nothing anyone can do to change the fact that he will be remembered as a fraud and wont be placed on the top 25 greatest of all time. His career is a joke.

His big wins all have asterisks next to them. De La Hoya was old and still won in many peoples eyes, Cotto was fat and out of shape with Diaz then he became a beast under Roach, Hatton was having problems with training camp (overtraining / alcohol/ etc), Canelo was drained to hell at 152 (he can't even make 155 anymore), Mosley was way past his prime and still rocked him TWICE...

I mean, the signs are all there. He isn't anywhere near as good as he says he is, he continues to fabricate a fake record and thats why the media and fans clown him every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  Everybody calls floyd a fraud and a coward; is it really a coincidence? There is nothing anyone can do to change the fact that he will be remembered as a fraud and wont be placed on the top 25 greatest of all time. His career is a joke.

His big wins all have asterisks next to them. De La Hoya was old and still won in many peoples eyes, Cotto was fat and out of shape with Diaz then he became a beast under Roach, Hatton was having problems with training camp (overtraining / alcohol/ etc), Canelo was drained to hell at 152 (he can't even make 155 anymore), Mosley was way past his prime and still rocked him TWICE...

I mean, the signs are all there. He isn't anywhere near as good as he says he is, he continues to fabricate a fake record and thats why the media and fans clown him every day.
                  Tell them why you mad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Floyd already beat maidana..

floyd should be fighting porter or manny

and then you say Algieri??? isnt algieri an undefeated champ coming off his biggest win....

LMAO you have such double standards, not wonder your such an idiot, just looking at your avi i can tell your an idiot, and your posts continually reaffirm that belief...

and for the record, algieri doesnt deserve a manny fight,, but lets not act like floyd doesnt do the exact same matchmaking,,
                    I do agree that Floyd should be fighting Manny. But I don't really think he should be fighting Porter though. What has Porter done to really deserve a Mayweather fight? What has Thurman done? If Floyd fought either one of those guys and wiped them out, it'll be discredited by you guys fast.

In recent times, Floyd hasn't fought an opponent that truly didn't deserve a fight. Ortiz was more accomplished and had a better resume than Algieri. So did Cotto, Mosley, Canelo, and *gasp* Guerrero. Algieri is so undeserving of the fight, but Top Rank's stable is so limited, they have no other options for Pacquaio.

Comment

Working...
                    X