Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally someone honest about being scared of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighters fight, promoters promote, and trainers train.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Fighters fight, promoters promote, and trainers train.
      Duckers duck

Comment

Respect to Hearn for his honesty. I saw a quote from him earlier in the week saying "Golovkin is a beast of a fighter", I guess that's what generated the reaction he's being asked about.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          What does He say im on my phone
          Nobody wants to fight Golovkin. He's challenged just about everyone and everyone's turned him down. Quillin, Geale etc. are much more attractive fights from a promoter's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Nobody wants to fight Golovkin. He's challenged just about everyone and everyone's turned him down. Quillin, Geale etc. are much more attractive fights from a promoter's perspective.
            The most interesting thing is that Hearn said Macklin and Murray turned down Golovkin which hadn't been confirmed until now. When Golovkin fought Fuchigami Sanchez said they went through the WBA rankings and offered everyone a shot and Fuchigami at #9 was the only guy to accept. Either Macklin or Murray or both were inside the top 9 and must have turned down shots but Hearn seems to confirm this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              The most interesting thing is that Hearn said Macklin and Murray turned down Golovkin which hadn't been confirmed until now. When Golovkin fought Fuchigami Sanchez said they went through the WBA rankings and offered everyone a shot and Fuchigami at #9 was the only guy to accept. Either Macklin or Murray or both were inside the top 9 and must have turned down shots but Hearn seems to confirm this.
              I'm pretty sure I heard Macklin acknowledge it in an interview, the Rosado date I think. He said he couldn't do it because of nose surgery he was getting which was a pretty convenient excuse I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                Murray can't even enter the US yet and Macklin had a nose surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  The Fuchigami fight was in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    There's also this, one fight earlier. He passes on a shot at his first title on HBO, for a deep undercard with Alcine and at best half the money.

http://www.boxingscene.com/macklin-d...on-9-15--54785

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      This why I am liking Hearn he keeps it honest promoters and the managers trainers etc., are the ones who have more say than the fighter on their career, a fighter can want a fight but its up to the promoter to protect their investment and try to talk him out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X