Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys believe GGG really lets his opponents tee off on his face?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    He's so focused on offence, he's gonna get hit

He's a beast in the ring

Monroe was probably thinking:

Everytime I get near a corner he traps me

I can't clinch him

He isn't getting tired

He punches hard

He places his shots very well

Punch selection and variety is great

I can't hurt him

He keeps coming

He has another gear he can go to

That's probably why Monroe didn't beat the count when he could have and said "I'm done."
    No doubt. But there's not a snowball's chance in hell Gennady was letting them hit him on purpose. I just don't buy it, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Not yesterday but against Murray it's like he didn't care, Golovkin better drop that habit now.
      LOL You're right and he better drop the habit before Canelo tees off on his face. I want to see that fight very soon.

Comment

Its not that he just lets them tee off but at times he doesnt mind getting hit. Its a terrible habit IMO and i dont really get why he does it. Abandons the jab and does that lean in with his head

Comment

I was shocked at how he never moved his head

Did he have that great amateur record and won the toughest amateur competition which is the world championships by not moving his head?

Comment

When you are hunting and the prey resists and fights back it makes the killing much more enjoyable. It's a dangerous and crazy mentality? Sure.

Comment

Naturally, a come-forward fighter will get hit more often than not. However, there are times when GGG abandons certain attributes that make him a dangerous foe and those are the times when he gets hit with dumb shit. He makes that switch to Terminator mode if he doesn't respect his opponent's power, but he gets sloppy and vulnerable in the process. When he's in Predator/Stalker mode and is going about his business methodically, he's a handful. I wish he would stop being so reckless because he'll get cut sooner or later and it'll affect his ring activity because of scar tissue.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 05-17-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

he does it to put the opponent in the fight so the fans get a better fight, i truely believe that, he doesn't do it against guys that have some punch, and part of it is him pacing himself

and it's a testament to how comfortable he is in the ring, the way he cuts off the ring is proof of that too, he's highly confident in his abilities
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-17-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

in my opinion it's complacence and perhaps frustration (a general sense of frustration with the slow progress of his career). i hope he knows not to do that against opponents who can bang like lemieux, lee and alvarez.

Comment

GGG doesn't move his head and he pulls straight back. He has done this since the amateurs. Abel Sanchez needs to work on this guys defense.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      LOL You're right and he better drop the habit before Canelo tees off on his face. I want to see that fight very soon.
                      I like Canelo's chances no doubt, I'd go with Golovkin but nonetheless Canelo can win. Thing is Canelo is gonna have to zap that power early with constant body punching, that's a risk he'll have to take in the very early stages of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X