Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOXIANA By PIERCE EGAN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey buddy. Check out Pugilistica. another really insightful read of ye olde tyme

Comment

pdf

I have pdf files of both of these books so if you want them ask away and i will email the links

Comment

My **** mate. I just got 'round to Richard. Something of a Sammy Langford way way before his time. I do love me a little fella with a wallahp. We all think we know him, but we don't. I do however stick by the Blackadder's take. Quite good, very much the amusing figure he was. Not so much the battle scenes or the events, but his mannerisms. Anyway a few thousand angry turks complete with sword and horse vs good king Richard III and a spreading knife. I'd be bettin' on ol' Richie.....next beers and whores! lol cool dude.

I was wondering if y'all like to gather digital books (PDF's) upload them on megaupload and put the links in one thread. Maybe get a criteria for what type of book to add......I've already got Dempsey's on file. I've a hard cover of Rocky's I could scan in. plus Boxiana and Pugistica. Thoughts?

Comment

good idea

I have several of these files and it must be well over 100meg so fine by me.Never used that upload site so need some info from someone who has.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            Its partially responsible for getting me into the sport many moons ago. My school library had an old, dusty, battered copy that looked centuries old (probably was! I should have nicked it!!!). The book itself had a real atmosphere and made me think of these early pioneers as serious historical figures.
            that's cool, brings back memories for ya. Yep I enjoyed it too

Comment

Originally posted by rob snell View Post
              I have pdf files of both of these books so if you want them ask away and i will email the links
              Yes please mate, I'd love a link for pugilistica/

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                My **** mate. I just got 'round to Richard. Something of a Sammy Langford way way before his time. I do love me a little fella with a wallahp. We all think we know him, but we don't. I do however stick by the Blackadder's take. Quite good, very much the amusing figure he was. Not so much the battle scenes or the events, but his mannerisms. Anyway a few thousand angry turks complete with sword and horse vs good king Richard III and a spreading knife. I'd be bettin' on ol' Richie.....next beers and whores! lol cool dude.

I was wondering if y'all like to gather digital books (PDF's) upload them on megaupload and put the links in one thread. Maybe get a criteria for what type of book to add......I've already got Dempsey's on file. I've a hard cover of Rocky's I could scan in. plus Boxiana and Pugistica. Thoughts?
                I have been getting E-mails from Jimmy Clabby, the grandson of the famous Jimmy Clabby and author of the book on his grandad. I could'nt believe it, he got in contact with me from this forum. I was stunned, here's a fighter I have done a thread on, admired his skill in going 20 rounds twice with guess who, Les Darcy of course. Mr. Clabby jr jr, seems like a good bloke and we have had a few chats on Clabby. Apparently, he thought I might be a McGoorty in real life so as he is searching for relatives of the McGoorty's and Van Dusarts. I promised him I'd ask atround, so if any of the posters here know anything about the living relatives of tough Eddie McGoorty... for the record, I just use the name cos its cool,.............................. but not as cool as the correspondence from Jim Clabby, I am going to get his book, I have heard of it,,,,,, and read a "review" on it. Good to see ya'll again.

Comment

Ol' tricky Dicky certainly was a tough dude,,,,, in actual fact, his elder brother Edward IV, was a bastard, the Duchess had an affair with, guess what ?.. a blacksmith, thats why Dicky was small and wiry, and Steady Eddie was a huge giant, a super, super HW, guy was tall too,... but no way a rightful king, but who cares.. Bid Ed IV..... won it on the battlefield,,,,,,, ah boxers, thems was the days, when if you had the balls,the ability and toughness and intelligence,,,, you didn't win a belt, you won a crown, and an island

Comment

My friend, I already did that a month ago,,,,one thread-- links galore to many books,,,, I did a Nat Langham thread... big article.... A Frank Klaus thread with his book there too.... there are half a dozen threads there that you will really dig.

Comment

Lmao! now thats a bloody quote init? Thats great, and it's getting thrown into a caption. I'm gonna make me a new poster for my gym. I dunno if you can actually get a pic of Richard but so far thats the idea. A nice thrown painting or battle field account. 'ah boxers, thems was the days, when if you had the balls,the ability and toughness and intelligence,,,, you didn't win a belt, you won a crown, and an island' possibly my favorite quote from a scene thread.

I had a new idea I was hoping to get y'all to help me with. I'd very very much like record as many books as i can. Hire me a school teacher or something like that, and record them. I've got a proper recording studio, and I'm certain I can get someone to read books for money.

Comment

Working...
                      X