Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Erik Morales ever commented on Pacquiao and steroid issue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Erik Morales ever commented on Pacquiao and steroid issue?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i'm just curious seeing as how he has felt a "weak" Pacquiao and a "strong" Pacquiao so to speak which Manny attributes to the blood drawn from him so early to fight night.

Did Morales ever make any comments about Pacquiao's strength? And I mean any comments at all, not just if Morales thinks Pac's on steroids or anything like that.

I'm a Pac fan but his performances have seemed superhuman. We all know he's had the strength. So what other explanation can there be for him being so weak against Morales? Yeah I don't expect him to KO all his opponents, but I truely believe he was weaker that fight.

And please no stupid comments that you try to make sound reasonable like "Pac never had power! He used steroid's since he was fighting in the Phillipines but he decided NOT to use them against Morales!!" - um?

Sorry for the block of text but these are all questions that come to you when you're a Pac fan and he won't take the tests and you have to sit there and ask WHY?

Last question though. If you believe Pac uses steroids or other things right before fights (that small window where he doesn't want full testing up til fight night), when do YOU think he started?

(And yeah I know started with looking for Morales' comments and ended up with all of this lol)

Im a Pacquiao fan as well but it's interesting how Manny gave the boxing gloves he used that night as his excuse for losing. Now that this whole drug testing issue comes up he claims it was because he had blood withdrawn a day before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonf96 View Post
      Im a Pacquiao fan as well but it's interesting how Manny gave the boxing gloves he used that night as his excuse for losing. Now that this whole drug testing issue comes up he claims it was because he had blood withdrawn a day before the fight.
      i cant say i believe him getting weak about the blood taking right before the fight, but fact is, the blood test really happened so close to the fight.

Comment

re

He didn't just use the blood making him weak excuse when the steroids issue came up. He said it in an interview in the Philippines when he went back there after the fight.

Comment

In an Interview with Boxing Truth earlier this year, I think he hinted at it and the translator didn't really pick up on what he was saying.

I don't believe Pac is on anything so I didn't bother looking into it or bother calling in, but check the Boxing Truth archives if you're that interested...

Comment

I can't remember if it was AB or EM, but one of them had the old "No comment" thing going when asked...
            I doubt any fighter Manny has faced has commented on it, Hatton has said he was disappointed that he refused tho.

Comment

So many things have been said about this blood test. Most of the comments though are coming from people not knowledgeable on the issue.

Blood test do have some side effects on some people and most prevalent among teens. Adults also have reported some side effects such as

•Fainting and falling
              •Sweating and chills
              •Stiffness in joints
              •Stress
              •Nausea and convulsions
              •Tingling sensation in lips or nose

These side effects are of temporary nature and subside in a day or two. what amazes me really is why they insisted doing the test on Pacquiao the day before the pac/morales fight. That question still lingers in my mind up to this day.

In the military, as part of community service it is normal for enlisted personnel to donate blood. I have witnessed some physically fit soldiers fainting after bloodletting. Some complain of stiffness in joints for a day or two. Most though don't show any significant side effects.

If Pacquiao says he is affected by it, I don't have any reason to doubt him.
              Last edited by serv; 12-20-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                I can't remember if it was AB or EM, but one of them had the old "No comment" thing going when asked...
                I doubt any fighter Manny has faced has commented on it, Hatton has said he was disappointed that he refused tho.
                Cotto was awestruck that Manny turned down Floyd's tests,
                saying it was a big, missed chance to dispel the PED rumors.
                http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ree-to-testing

Morales also questioned Manny's refusal to take Floyd's tests,
                in a much less charitable tone. Like many, he seems to take
                the refusal as basis to begin suspecting abuse. As already
                pointed out, Morales successfully imposed blood testing on
                Pacquiao (who came out clean, but claimed that losing blood
                so close to fight night had weakened him).
                http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30172

Hatton has stated he regrets not having forced Pacquiao to
                take more stringent drug testing for their fight, and says that
                until Pac agrees to Floyd-style testing "...he could be on what
                Floyd is accusing him of, or it could be that he is just a great
                fighter who has improved. We will never know.”
                http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28448

Barrera called attention to Pacquiao's abnormally-dark urine
                during the standard tests in their fight, but seems to accept
                the negative (clean) test result. He acknowledges that more
                stringent testing (as with the Olympics) would make it nearly
                impossible to dope in the sport of boxing.
                http://www.holamun2.com/shows/the-mu...-doping-rumors

Marquez demanded a sample of Pacquiao's urine.
                http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qv9CNj3TdfM/2.jpg

h.
                Last edited by horge; 12-20-2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post

Morales also questioned Manny's refusal to take Floyd's tests,
                  in a much less charitable tone. Like many, he seems to take
                  the refusal as basis to begin suspecting abuse. As already
                  pointed out, Morales successfully imposed blood testing on
                  Pacquiao (who came out clean, but claimed that losing blood
                  so close to fight night had weakened him).

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30172
                  This is exactly what I am talking about... they insisted on bloodtest so close to the fight. Morales knows the effect of this on fighters. By the way I think he was not subjected to the same test.
                  Last edited by serv; 12-20-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
                    This is exactly what I am talking about... they insisted on bloodtest so close to the fight. Morales knows the effect of this on fighters. By the way I think he was not subjected to the same test.
                    Anything to discredit Erik Morales.

Morales took the test as well. Neither one of them looked weak at all in the fight. The blood test excuse in meant to the same as the gloves excuse. In other words. It is mean to discredit Morales and preserve Pacquiao's popularity.

Last edited by MXboxingfan; 12-20-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X