Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    You didn't answer my question

Puerto Rico better off not giving corporate tax breaks, yes or no?
    It's a weak question. Let's focus on the U.S. mainland. Who uses Puerto Rico as an economic example anyway?

Shoutout to the Kansas tax cuts. How did those work out?

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/30/554506...cut-experiment

Comment

• Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
      It's a weak question. Let's focus on the U.S. mainland. Who uses Puerto Rico as an economic example anyway?

Why can't we use Puerto Rico as an example?

Why can't you answer a question not regarding the US?

Puerto Rico better off eliminating those corporate handouts in 2006, that really helped the people?

Yes or no

ps Kansas has a spending problem, not a revenue problem, unless you can explain where all the tax money for Kansas goes and why they need more money.

I would be interested to hear how Kansas doesn't waste money, please explain how they do that

Comment

• I don't know about y'all but smokes and 40's have gotten really expensive

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Trump inherited an unemployment rate of 4.7% from President Obama. Without one single major piece of legislation from Republicans and Trump, the unemployment rate has been stable. Dropping as low as 4.3% in August.

GDP for the second quarter was up 3.1%, that's higher than the projected 3%

The stock market is doing well.

Trump inherited a well oiled economy. The last time a President (W. Bush) inherited an economy doing this good he also cut taxes and we know how that turned out. He came into office with a 4.2% unemployment rate and left office with a 7.8% unemployment rate.
          [

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          We only need tax cuts for the wealthy. They will obviously allow it to work it's way down to the poorer folks, because that is in their best interest.

I also vote to eliminate things like the minimum wage because it should be easier for big businesses to do what they want with us. The only way for us to be competitive on a global scale is to make sure our employees enjoy their lives just as little as the employees of other countries do.

Glad to know you guys are against government giving corporations some tax breaks..

That worked out so well for Puerto Rico when you guys got your wish and corporate tax breaks ended in 2006.

A decade later those people are so much more well off than they were during the days of corporate tax breaks.

Correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
            I don't know about y'all but smokes and 40's have gotten really expensive
            Not sure about liquor, but taxes on cigs have been going up for decades.

I smoked for a bit when I was young. Back in the early 90s you could get a pack of premium brand cigs for under $2.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Not sure about liquor, but taxes on cigs have been going up for decades.
              It's all going up.

Sin tax is a *****

Comment

So eliminating corporate taxes breaks is good?
                Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Glad to know you guys are against government giving corporations some tax breaks..
                My post does not say or suggest this, so....no reason to keep saying that that's what I meant. I wrote about wealthy people, not about businesses.

I know you and New England have said that these two en****** should be treated as one and the same and I respectfully disagree.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-04-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post

Yikes, so much for the idea that tax cuts = growth

No worries, we'll just hit another wave of recession and blame our problems on the next president instead
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-04-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    My post does not say or suggest this, so....no reason to keep saying that that's what I meant. I wrote about wealthy people, not about businesses.

I know you and New England have said that these two en****** should be treated as one and the same and I respectfully disagree.
                    Mvthr****er just update the scores on the pick'em thread. Lol

Comment

So you are saying businesses don't change business plans if tax implications change?

So none of the corporations changed anything in Puerto Rico after government stopped the tax break giveaways for corporations in 2006?
                      Cutting GE's statutory tax rate from 35% to 25% (when their effective tax rate is already zero) isn't going to do all that much to change the business plan that they already have.

Everyone expecting this massive boon in jobs and economic growth, as with almost every other time, will be greatly disappointed

Comment

Working...
                      X