No announcement yet.

what does wilder do better than joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    How did his boxing skills look against Stiverne?
    raw and inconclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Its really hard to assess Wilder, or chronicle progress, for lack of quality opposition.

His footwork isn't great, and i've seen few improvements in the jab. Oh, and he is often wide open when lunging in.

But, really, it is difficult to assess his qualities. Time for him to step up. He's 'champion', after all!
      You owe me 100Tril Bitch!!!!! Pay up or fuck off.....

Comment

Deontay Wilder seems more unpredictable, and it also looks like his endurance is slightly better than Anthony Joshua's! (Wilder has a lot of untapped potential, but i have no idea who his trainer is? There literally seems to be no good Heavyweight boxing trainers these days!)....

Anthony Joshua is a better combination puncher, and possible more dangerous in the first 4 rounds than any heavyweight on the planet! (That's unless David Haye can relaunch the Hayemaker 2.0 once again! Injury free!)...
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-03-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          Although looks like most people think joshua would beat him, theres still quite a few saying wilder would beat him. Whats that based on?

Every attribute favours joshua, some say wilders got the power but from what ive been watching joshua looks pretty heavy handed to me, stopped every opponent.

Theres a huge difference in the technical quality of the two, and i'd argue that wilders chin is worse than joshuas from what we've seen.

And then if you look at there mutual opponent, eric molina had wilder in real trouble whereas joshua just crushed him.

In addition to being a better all round fighter, joshua is also significantly bigger.

I dont even see how it can be a case of 'styles', what stylistic problems does wilder pose other than that hes a power puncher? If thats the case, i guess klitscko must have been a stylistic nightmare because he carries huge power.

And as i said in another thread, its all well and good wilder lining up big shots against bums, when youve got a bigger guy in front of you who can crack back, its a different equation.

So what makes people think wilder can win, or even be competitive?
          I think Wilder is better at controlling the ring. He generally controls the fight in every fight he's in while Joshua just attacks. I think if he can keep Joshua at bay with the power he could win a decision even if he doesn't KO him..

Comment

Working...
          X