No announcement yet.

King Missile appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    How can you name drop bands like Primus or Dinosaur Jr. in the same breath wherein you're apparently attributing influence solely to the number of hits one has?

The Pixies or Joy Division weren't exactly revered for their number of chart toppers.

I have listened to alt rock music stations for last 20 odds years and have never heard any KM songs other than "Detachable." It's a great song no doubt but that's all they had. With Primus and Dinosaur they at least had some other good songs other than their big hits.

Also, Pixies put all those bands to shame. They have produced a substantial catalog of great songs spanning decades. They're one of the more underappreciated alt rock artists of the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I have listened to alt rock music stations for last 20 odds years and have never heard any KM songs other than "Detachable." It's a great song no doubt but that's all they had. With Primus and Dinosaur they at least had some other good songs other than their big hits.

Also, Pixies put all those bands to shame. They have produced a substantial catalog of great songs spanning decades. They're one of the more underappreciated alt rock artists of the 90s.
      I'd make the same argument about King Missle, but I thought you were only interested in counting hits?

Comment

Well just because their other great work didn't rise to the same prominence doesn't mean it's not great. Van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime before he became revered as a creative genius after his passing. I think King Missile are in a similar boat and only when they are truly gone shall we give them the appreciation they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          I'd make the same argument about King Missle, but I thought you were only interested in counting hits?
          Are there any other King Missle songs that are worth listening to? With my favorite artists it's about the depth of their resumes, including their hits but also stuff that the radio doesn't necessarily play. You mentioned The Pixies, they have so many cool songs. I like bands like Depeche Mode, New Order, Pixies, Radio Head, Spoon that have deep music catalogs with hits but also songs that appeal to their fans but maybe not the masses. Maybe I didn't give King Missle its due, by not actively trying to listen to their other songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
            Well just because their other great work didn't rise to the same prominence doesn't mean it's not great. Van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime before he became revered as a creative genius after his passing. I think King Missile are in a similar boat and only when they are truly gone shall we give them the appreciation they deserve.
            Let's post some of their other songs so that we can appreciate them, then..

Comment

Let's post some of their other songs so that we can appreciate them, then..
              Sure thing.

Some of my favorites off the top of my head. All highly underappreciated for their varying degrees of tongue in cheek social commentary and musical creativity.

Comment

Great early 90's alternative rock song. It's a funny and weird song but the melody and guitar/keyboards are really funky...
                xDDD

Its actually a fcuking good song!

Guys my birthday is coming up soon, im not telling you what to buy me but I think you know what would bring me huge joy

Last edited by AlexKid; 05-23-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

http://fantasti.cc/user/rackingem/images/image/1776193/

Even black guys are too small

Comment

Working...
                  X