Why it is stupid to compare Wilder vs Ortiz to Joshua vs Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Jennings the same guy you just hyped in another thread

youre missing my point. you were saying that wlad hadnt looked good in the build up to the joshua fight. im saying ortiz didnt look good in the build up to the wilder fight. if he'd put on that performance against jennings just before the wilder fight then fair enough, but he'd visibly slowed down. he looked like he was throwing punches in slow motion against allen, i had to give my tv set a few hits cause i thought it was playing up. and he looked even slower against wilder

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Ortiz is only 2 inches shorter, has a longer reach, is just as strong as AJ, and his age is irrelevant, they both gass out after 5 rounds. AJ's ring cutting abilities are average at best.

Not to mention that huge immovable cinder block Joshua has sit hiting on his two shoulders. AJ is done for, wake up and smell the roses your biased and insecure limey.
      Joshua does a good job at keeping his right hand glued to his chin, he keeps his chin tucked, and he is great at parrying and blocking shots. I do not understand how an unskilled fighter gets the benefit of the doubt over a younger and more skilled fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Joshua is a better boxer than Parker plus he used the jab more consistently. Also, what evidence do you have that Wilder would've knocked out Parker in 8? Wilder has not faced a HW as fast as Parker nor one who possesses his great movement.
        Wilder is so long that his right hand is too hard to time with that type of defensive style. Especially with that horrible ref. Parker would have been laid out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Wilder is so long that his right hand is too hard to time with that type of defensive style. Especially with that horrible ref. Parker would have been laid out.
          You support any boxer who is African American. You lose credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Jennings the same guy you just hyped in another thread

Hate how these focks will sweep that fight under the rug like it never happened. Like it wasn't the same Jennings who went 12 against Klitschko and disrespected him the whole time. Ortiz just broke him in half.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
              Everything you said about Ortiz describe AJ perfectly.

In other words, he's toast.
              This exactly.

Comment

You support any boxer who is African American. You lose credibility.
                I'm not African American and AJ is from Africa.

You, on the other hand, are an insecure British f@ggot. Didn't even need to see your location, you focks are all the same.

Comment

Wilder knocked out Ortiz while Joshua won a clear UD over Parker. Many fans and critics have used both victorys to prop up one winner over the other while forgetting that "styles make fights" Ortiz may be a better technical fighter with better power than Joseph Parker, but he does not have Joshua's speed, fast hands, movement, or the awkwardness that Parker had against Joshua. Parker was able to use his speed and head movement to negate Joshua's power. Against Wilder, Ortiz barely moved his head and was very stationary and did not show any great movement at all. We also have to look at that age disparity between Parker and Ortiz. Ortiz showed his age against Wilder. He was very slow, his stamina wasn't great, and his reflexes bjust were not there. Parker showed great stamina, heart, will, and fresh legs. I was impressed by the way Joshua used the jab to control distance and set up other punches. Although Joshua did not get the knockout, he showed that he is able to consistently box within twelve rounds. Wilder on the other hand, clearly lost the majority of rounds against Ortiz. Wilder has not learned to use the jab consistently or to use it to set up combinations. His balance is still pretty horrible and he has not yet faced a big HW like Joshua and Parker who has a sold foundation or good movement. Neither Ortiz or Parker are great wins but to pretend like Wilder had a much better performance is ridiculous and shows the amount of idiocy and hypocrisy that plagues this forum.
                  I'm stuck on this part. When did Ortiz show his age against Wilder, lmao?

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    I'm stuck on this part. When did Ortiz show his age against Wilder, lmao?
                    Compared to his past fights, he looked slower with his.punches and feet.

Comment

Compared to his past fights, he looked slower with his.punches and feet.
                      He wasn't facing Wilder in those other fights. Wilder usually throws more punches, but in his fight with Ortiz he wasn't throwing a lot of punches like he normally does in fights. So the answer to your question is it was the "opponent".

Comment

Working...
                      X