Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in favor of the health care reform act passed by the house?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Are you in favor of the health care reform act passed by the house?

Yes or no...

you can discuss if you would like...

if you choose to, explain why or why not
    Yes
    52.78%
    No
    33.33%
    Not sure
    11.11%
    Don't care
    2.78%

adding, if you are not american, feel free to state your experiences with or without a similar plan and how its impacted you and your country...

Comment

They should just follow the Australian system, which is based on equality, accessibility and universality.

The Australia system is quite simple. Everyone gets cover, however once you earn over 100,000 as a single or 150,000 for a couple you are charged an extra 1.5% on tax if you don't take up private health insurance. The government gives incentives for people to take up private health such as Lifetime Health Cover,Private Health Insurance Rebate and discounts on premiums. It helps free up the public hospitals for those who cannot afford private health.

There are waiting list, however if there is an emergency you will get you surgery immediately no question asked,

The waiting isn't that long anyways

Comment

I want to know about how good the medical care is going to be before i vote. I havent seen examples of what a certain surgery or medicine would cost.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
          adding, if you are not american, feel free to state your experiences with or without a similar plan and how its impacted you and your country...
          I think the U.S. should have universal health plan like U.K.France,Canada.
          It is a good start for them and it will take a few years before they get the reward.accesible health care for everyone.which will turn into prevention of diseases.Healthier citizens no matter what's their station in life ie. poor or rich.
          Although it failed the first time they tried it I hope it will flourish this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
            I want to know about how good the medical care is going to be before i vote. I havent seen examples of what a certain surgery or medicine would cost.

The first step in this is You cannot be denied health services by hospital.
            With regards to surgery and medicine.Your insurance will be the one paying the most of it.But the medical needs/checkups are paid by the government direct to your doctor.
            Although I think some medicine are covered by the government too if you are not able to afford them..(this is Canadian system though)

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless Loc View Post
              They should just follow the Australian system, which is based on equality, accessibility and universality.

The Australia system is quite simple. Everyone gets cover, however once you earn over 100,000 as a single or 150,000 for a couple you are charged an extra 1.5% on tax if you don't take up private health insurance. The government gives incentives for people to take up private health such as Lifetime Health Cover,Private Health Insurance Rebate and discounts on premiums. It helps free up the public hospitals for those who cannot afford private health.

There are waiting list, however if there is an emergency you will get you surgery immediately no question asked,

The waiting isn't that long anyways
              Are you people forced to buy private insurance?

And Veteran, its not health care reform, its insurance reform. I have it on high authority from a liberal intelligentsia think thank where a good friend works in D.C that the goal was insurance reform from the start.

Health care reform is a misnomer.

Originally posted by Geze View Post
              I think the U.S. should have universal health plan like U.K.France,Canada.
              It is a good start for them and it will take a few years before they get the reward.accesible health care for everyone.which will turn into prevention of diseases.Healthier citizens no matter what's their station in life ie. poor or rich.
              Although it failed the first time they tried it I hope it will flourish this time around.
              Are Canadians forced ot buy private insurance?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
                  Are you people forced to buy private insurance?

And Veteran, its not health care reform, its insurance reform. I have it on high authority from a liberal intelligentsia think thank where a good friend works in D.C that the goal was insurance reform from the start.

Health care reform is a misnomer.

Are Canadians forced ot buy private insurance?
                  the name changes daily.... im going with the most common generic term used to describe it...

that is all

proceed

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                    the name changes daily.... im going with the most common generic term used to describe it...

that is all

proceed
                    Well that may be on the surface for PR purposes. But I got it from the horse's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X