Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach's 142 proposal......***** move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dislike catch weight fights too but I don't see this as a ***** move, Manny's at a disadvantage in weight, if Cotto want to fight him he needs to go down in weight to do so or just don't fight him period.

Comment

• 142's a STR8 ***** move.

c'mon manny - lets do away with the advantages and if so you want to go up and get the belt then ****en go to 147.

Comment

• Wow...................dead even....................

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
          142's a STR8 ***** move.

c'mon manny - lets do away with the advantages and if so you want to go up and get the belt then ****en go to 147.
          142 or fight mosley

Comment

• If people want to consider PAC the GOAT he has to move up and beat his opponent at whatever weight he is fighting at. No catchweight. This is how the oldtimers did it. If they fought at a catchweight, Robinson would have had a lightheavyweight belt and Armstrong would have an unprecedented simultaneous 4th belt (middleweight).

The catchweight is a cop-out. If you don't belong in that division, stay out. Don't compromise the champ.

Has Pac ever fought at a catchweight, though?

Comment

• This is an interesting discussion. I can see where Roach is coming from in his demands. I just think it's a little hypocritical of him to suddenly play the "I'm protecting Manny" card when he agreed to fight Oscar at 147. They took the fight because it meant a huge payday for them. Before that fight, they faced an awful lot of criticism from the media. You even had a Filipino Gov't official calling the Phillipine Gov't to bar Manny from fighting Oscar because they feared he might suffer serious injury. We all know how that fight went down, but the critics were still justified in their opinion that Roach pulled a dangerous stunt with his fighter. Their last 2 fights have rightfully earned their camp leverage in future negotiations, but as Roach has shown in the past, if the big money and publicity is there, he will be negotiable.

Comment

• I think everone can agree Manny does not belong at Welterweight what so ever. Catweight allows certain matchup to happen even though Manny will still be the much much smaller man come fight night. I don't see how that is a ***** move.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                  Sorry, but that sounds like excuses.

If you can't take the heat in the divisions kitchen,

don't go there in the first place and knock someone out.

How many catchweights did Duran, Leonard, Hearns and Hagler fight at?

It works both ways. People are in here saying Manny's camp is pulling a ***** move, but the larger guys like Mosley, Cotto and Floyd sure want a piece of the little guy don't they?

Maybe the ***** move is the welters looking for a fight with Manny in the first place. They want a giant paycheck, well they need to make some concessions.

It is the only fair way.

Comment

• That's how Roach likes Manny's opponents, lol he's always felt more comfortable as long as Manny had some kind of reassuring advantage. Roach needs to be able to sleep at night lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      It works both ways. People are in here saying Manny's camp is pulling a ***** move, but the larger guys like Mosley, Cotto and Floyd sure want a piece of the little guy don't they?

Maybe the ***** move is the welters looking for a fight with Manny in the first place. They want a giant paycheck, well they need to make some concessions.

It is the only fair way.
                      Never thought of this way and a very nice arguement. What has the boxing world come to. It used to be - everybody wanted to beat the biggest guy, now eveyone wants a piece of the small Asian man from GenSan.

Comment

Working...
                      X