No announcement yet.

Prime Floyd Mayweather vs Prime Paul Williams at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    A myth that you people keep spewing so that Floyd's accomplishment seems better than it actually is.

Was Floyd not prime when he fought Judah? Was Floyd not prime when he KO'ed ricky? Was Floyd not priem when he fought Oscar Dela Hoya?

Stop making a fact out of a myth in order to make Floyd greater than one would consider.
    floyd was prime imo when he fought all those guys Mitchell, Judah, Hatton, Oscar. If you let a Floyd boy tell it, he'll make Floyd out to be a shot fighter, beating prime guys...

Comment

A myth that you people keep spewing so that Floyd's accomplishment seems better than it actually is.

Was Floyd not prime when he fought Judah? Was Floyd not prime when he KO'ed ricky? Was Floyd not priem when he fought Oscar Dela Hoya?

Stop making a fact out of a myth in order to make Floyd greater than one would consider.
      For me personally, Floyd's boxing career had run it's course by the time he had faced Oscar and Hatton. He retired, because he was done with it. He spent his career chasing Oscar. Once he got that fight, he was done. He said he accomplished everything he set out to accomplish. I dont think he wanted to fight Hatton. He only did it, because it was a big money fight on the table. But he looked bad in those last two fights. For me, Floyd was in a new prime when he came back rejuvinated and faced JMM. From the JMM fight to the Canelo fight, was his prime. From the moment his pro career began, to the Gatti fight, he was in his prime. Everything after that, I feel he was going through the motions, and had allot of injuries.

The Mayweather who faced Canelo, would TKO Oscar. And Hatton wouldnt land anything on the Mayweather who faced JMM, Mosley, Ortiz, Ghost. I think "prime" in regard to Mayweather, is a mental thing.

Even the Floyd who faced JMM, was waaaay faster than Judah, who is slow imo. The 33yr old Floyd, would smoke prime Judah.

Comment

Williams towering over Floyd throwing 100 punches per round was something he wanted no part of. Williams wasn't some flat-footed brawler that Floyd feasted on most of his career. I have Williams by UD or SD victory.

Comment

Williams gets the win. Floyd was scared of Williams and when asked, he said he was too big. Williams was at ww still. Big Mayweather fan, but the Williams that beat Margarito, beats Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            Williams gets the win. Floyd was scared of Williams and when asked, he said he was too big. Williams was at ww still. Big Mayweather fan, but the Williams that beat Margarito, beats Mayweather.
            I would favor Paul Williams against Hearns to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              did pacquiao fight Williams? no
              did Mosley fight Williams? no
              did cotto fight Williams? no

Floyd was scared doe
              I knew you will accept that floyd is a *****.

Comment

Lara beat Williams. Mayweather is superior to Lara in everyway. Too much speed maybe a little bit too much power. Mayweather would corrales Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  floyd was prime imo when he fought all those guys Mitchell, Judah, Hatton, Oscar. If you let a Floyd boy tell it, he'll make Floyd out to be a shot fighter, beating prime guys...
                  It seems I already got one who said Floyd was washed up by the time he fought Oscar

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  He wasn't. Floyd has been a washed up version of himself for YEARS, ever since his hands gave out. That shows you how great he is. You think he beat those people in his prime? what makes a fighter prime vs not? The way they fight? Yes. Compare WW Floyd to other weight classes. Night and day

Comment

It seems I already got one who said Floyd was washed up by the time he fought Oscar
                    so, now a fighter isn't in their prime because their hands is hurtin'...

...but to reply to the topic, this is one of those fantasy fights that actually could have been a reality, had floyd not went on "vacation" when williams was on the horizon...
                    Last edited by djtmal; 09-19-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

No version of Williams beats Floyd. He didn't have the skills to beat Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X