Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo wants more money to fight Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Lomachenko's side offers Rigo anything over $600K and he refuses it, then I'm sorry but that's ducking.

It would be at least 6x more than his last payday, It would be at least his 2nd highest pay day of his career against a fighter less popular than Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      750k should not be an issue..seriously
      Right?????

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        This. I'm the biggest Rigo fan, but I don't understand how money is such an issue. What's a few hundred grand more for Rock nation to make such a big fight? Something isn't right here.

I wonder what Rigo's number is... I'm guess it's for a little over a million.. which even though that might seem high... It's nothing compared to what Roc nation just dumped on Ward... and Rigo-Loma on free ESPN will probably do some pretty good numbers...
        That's why the media is not doing a good job on this subject.
        It's confusing. Nobody knows what kind of contract Rigo has with Roc.
        Money is not supposed to be an issue.
        Kind of like when Broner was offered some million dollars for a number of fights.
        Meaning, the money won't even come from Arum, HBO, GBP, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          So, fighting and beating Rigo does nothing for his legacy, is that what you're saying?
          Lose-lose situation for Loma.

He wins. He beat a small guy. And considering his amateur pedigree (comparable or even better than Rigo's) this is expected.

He lose. Well, he lost to a small guy.

Again, Loma's boat for Rigo has sailed.
          No one wants to see Rigo now. He's got all the talent but failed to really entertain us. HE should have stayed an amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Don't even know why money is an issue in this fight when he is backed by the wealthiest promoter of them all, which is Roc nation.
            Is this guy making an excuse when there is none?
            Roc Nation is not in the business of losing money. Why would they continue to lose money and give fighters big pay days?

If Loma gets 900K and RN comes back with an offer to Rigo for 400K... is that a fair offer for Rigo? Rigo should get similar money like Loma for this fight.

Comment

Considering he got paid 120k in his last fight, and was offered half a mil for Loma, he should shut the fuck up.

Comment

Rigo draws nothing. Of course he isn't going to be offered much.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                  Yes and no. Rigo's best win is Donaire (who ironically people claim was a hype job so its not really a good win) also rigo is just selling his 0 at this point so i predict he will retire or continue to fight whoever will want to fight him (which isnt exactly a long list of names). Either way rigo will fall into obscurity.
                  I know some people want to downplay Nonito nowadays, but he was an excellent fighter, whom Rigo absolutely dominated. Made Donaire look like a nobody. That's how good Guillermo was when motivated. I don't know what "Chacal" has left in the tank -- that was almost five years ago -- but he's plenty for anyone near his weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
                    Roc Nation is not in the business of losing money...
                    Correct. Some dudes around here think that because someone (or some company) is loaded, they should just hand out loot. That's not how business works, and it's certainly not how these people became rich.

Comment

Rigo should be offered the same as Salido. If the can offer Salido 750k they should be able to offer Rigo the same. Don't try telling me Salido is a bigger draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X