Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Floyd Mayweather Jr too small for middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Is Floyd Mayweather Jr too small for middleweight?

For a while I always thought yes. But then watching how easily he handled Canelo, who was 15 pounds heavier than him, I'm beginning to think he might be able to pull it off.

If he fought at middleweight, he'd probably show up 155-156 max. Although I don't know what Floyd walks around at and I'm not sure what the average middleweight rehydrates to on fight night. Please advise if you can.

So, what do you turds think?

I know, I know: The haters will say that Floyd is actually a light heavyweight who pays the commission to rig the scales to read a lower weight and the lovers will say he's really a lightweight who has to inject himself with lard just to make 150.

In spite of that, it would be nice get some objective opinions instead of having a 20 page war of crying from both ends. Thanks.
    Yes he is
    67.52%
    No he is not
    12.10%
    I'm not sure
    5.10%
    I don't care
    3.18%
    Thread starter is a worthless human being
    2.55%
    Arsenio Hall is a douchebag
    5.10%
    I crapped my pants on the ferris wheel as an adult
    4.46%

i think he is definitely too small for 160. those dudes will be comin down from the 180s, if not more for some, and floyd walks around between 150-153 year round i'd imagine. for the weaker champs, he got it no problem, for the elite world beaters, im thinkin thats out of the realm of realism. thats too much, considering he could probly make 140 without much issue...

Comment

He's too small for Jr Middleweight let alone Middleweight.

Anyone who weighs in at 150 and comes to the ring at 150 is a very small Jr Middleweight by today's standards.

Middleweight is ridiculous.

Comment

he wasn't too small for Martinez... when Martinez was still a top P4P fighter.

Comment

he's a jr welterweight....

both garcia and mathysse outweighed floyd on the night of their respective fights.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
            he's a jr welterweight....

both garcia and mathysse outweighed floyd on the night of their respective fights.
            What did they weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He's too small for Jr Middleweight let alone Middleweight.

Anyone who weighs in at 150 and comes to the ring at 150 is a very small Jr Middleweight by today's standards.

Middleweight is ridiculous.
              /end thread

Comment

i wonder if the WBC ill have a Coward Belt?

Comment

Floyd can beat every top fighter at 160 right now.
                  The problem is.........risk vs reward.

Floyd will make 32 million guaranteed for his next 4 fights without the middleweight division.

So what incentive does he have moving up that far?
                  His legacy is already secure and the money is already guaranteed.

Also the guys at 140-147-154 are more popular fighters .

Comment

Floyd fighting middleweights is a circus act. There is not a fighter in that division that would be financially beneficial for him. You might as well put him in the ring with a grizzly bear.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    What did they weigh?
                    They were 151 each.

Comment

Working...
                    X