No announcement yet.

Khan angry at US customs, "they take the piss"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    Amir Khan's a well known athlete. A quick search on google would have proved this. There is no excuse for holding a man of Amir Khan's celebrity in a interrogation room for over two hours.

Can you imagine if the UK interrogated Kobe Bryant for two hours on the basis that he is black? It wouldn't happen.

Discrimination and unprofessionalism at its finest.
    yeah..i dont think many people in the uk know who Kobe Bryant, what with basketball not being at all popular over here.
    We dont know all the details of this situation, aside from Kahns moaning tweets.

Comment

I am glad they are doing such a good job, but come on guys...get a laptop out and go to youtube or google. Should not have taken 2 hours. But like I have said they are just doing there jobs, which entails that they look at every possible scenario however unlikely, and whilst khan would not ever be involved in a terrorist plot, it is important that people and terrorist know just how stringent US and UK customs are as it will make them think twice.

It is a very unfortunate situation for everyone involved...thats all you can say.

Comment

Amir Khan's a well known athlete. A quick search on google would have proved this. There is no excuse for holding a man of Amir Khan's celebrity in a interrogation room for over two hours.

Can you imagine if the UK interrogated Kobe Bryant for two hours on the basis that he is black? It wouldn't happen.

Haha Amir isn't that popular in the states dude. And to compare his celebrity to Kobe is hilarious.

Comment

the yanks are backwards and a weak nation

i remember reading this story last week where the secrete service interviewed a little white kid because of a few comment he made on facebook regarding osma bin gay laden.

while they spent 2 hrs interviewing amir khan, i bet a real terrorist got past customs

Comment

I heard he was actually held because there was this guy named Prescott searching the airport for his son.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
              yeah..i dont think many people in the uk know who Kobe Bryant, what with basketball not being at all popular over here.
              We dont know all the details of this situation, aside from Kahns moaning tweets.
              That might be a bad example but there are plenty of very famous NBA players who are black muslims, even in the 90's you had players like sharif abdoul rahim.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I heard he was actually held because there was this guy named Prescott searching the airport for his son.

Comment

I heard the custom official interviewing Khan was Dwayne Bradley who is a certain "Timothy" brother

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

Comment

Not here in the States, Khan could walk down any street here and 99% of people wouldn't know who he was.

Comment

Working...
                      X